Permanent headache

41 posts Page 1 of 3

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:54 pm
Hi Guys, anyone suffer with headaches? I keep getting them, every day. I have a corker at the moment and I have taken some tabs for it. I have started suffering with high blood pressure and didn't know whether it could be connected. I have started wearing my specs for my pc work when I am in the office and it has helped a bit, but I seem to be in constant pain - it really hurts and I'm quite worred. [|)] Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:00 pm
Sorry to hear about your headaches Kazzy.

Are you taking tablets for the blood pressure? When did you last have your eyes tested?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:02 pm
hi kazzy, ah hun i am sorry you are suffering!

i am not a expert on these things but i think high blood pressure can cause headaches, get yourself off to the doctors and get yourself checked out. do you think it could be too much pc work a strain on your eyes!

hope you are feeling better soon, thinking of you, take care!

love barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

Wizzard

Post by Wizzard » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:05 pm
If you are getting headaches everyday Kazzy its time to visit a doctor.

Daily persistent headaches also known as chronic daily headaches, affect approximately five percent of adults. They will usually occur for at least fifteen days in a given month and may even strike on a daily basis. While most people will experience a headache on occasion, those with chronic persistent headaches suffer debilitating headaches on a regular basis.

The pain of such frequent headaches can have a strong negative impact on work, home life and general daily functioning. Chronic daily headaches are usually classified as primary or secondary. Primary ones are those that develop over time, often slowly and become more frequent and intense. They often develop in people who have suffered from other headache types, such as migraine.

A primary daily persistent headache that is shorter than four hours can be a cluster headache or a chronic paroxysmal hemicrania. Those longer than four hours may be a tension headache, chronic migraine, hemicrania continua or new daily persistent headache.

Secondary chronic persistent headaches are caused by an underlying illness or physical condition. Rebound headaches, which result from medication overuse, may also develop into chronic daily headaches.

check out this site for further info.....

http://www.headacheexpert.co.uk/DailyPe ... aches.html

don't let it continue Kazzy ... headaches are a warning ... heed it xxx
When I was young I was called a rugged individualist
When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric
Here I am doing and saying the same things I did back then and now I'm labelled senile

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:10 pm
yes, when I was going through the worst of my debt stress, I was hardly eating, and had lost a lot of weight but I had a terrible banging headache EVERY single day! It would be there as soon as I woke up in the morning, as a dull ache and then throughout the morning, it just got worse and worse. I went to the docs and she said it was stress/anxiety/depression and gave me some anti-depressants but also soon after this, I was found to have pernicious anaemia and this can cause headaches and breathlessness, which I had. I am now on injections for the rest of my life, but I have put weight on (too much now! hehehe) and I feel so much better.

I would say definitely go see your doc

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:10 pm
Kazzy, sorry you're in pain, that's horrible you poor thing. This might have nothing at all to do with it but when I had a headache for days it was because I had given up coffee!!!! Have you cut anything out your diet? That's probably not what it is so sorry I haven't been more help. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Wizzard

Post by Wizzard » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:13 pm
On a lighter note ....
If you get headaches, do what it says on the aspirin bottle:
"Take two and keep away from children."
Last edited by Wizzard on Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here I am doing and saying the same things I did back then and now I'm labelled senile

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:16 pm
I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well Kazzy. Are you taking tablets for high blood pressure? Did the headaches start after you started taking the tablets? My mum has been on blood pressure tablets for years and when the doctor changed them she was ill, so I'm wondering if they could be affecting you. Is your glasses prescription up to date?

I get blinding headaches and sometimes migraines for 3-5 days every month so I can really sympathise with you having them all the time.

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:25 pm
If only Wizz [:)] Thanks for your replies guys, I am not on tabs for blood pressure. I was told the last time I went that it was teetering on high, but I bought a machine to do home tests and it is always 'up' (145/100). Not sure whether this is really really high, but I think it is high for me. I have lost 3st 2lb since January but apart from the obvious things like choccie, alcohol, I haven't really completely given anything up. I have moved onto decaff coffee at work as I thought it may be the caffeine but I woke up with a bad head this morning, and still have it. Hub and I were treated to an Indian meal last night as it was his birthday, and I wondered whether it could be whatever they put in that? Not sure, but think I need to get to see to doc (easier said than done)!

To top the headache off, hubby has just made me a coffee, I sat on the sofa with it and promptly nodded off. Yep, you guessed it, I have just completely worn a piping hot cuppa which has gone all over the sofa and carpet as well. It's not my day me thinks [:(].

Thanks for your advice everyone. Kazzy x

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:28 pm
Hope you feel better soon...I don't know if you know anything about reiki, but I am a reiki master and healing can be sent distantly (using the reiki master's intent). It works wonders (I self healed during labour and had a medication free natural birth!!!) Happy to send some your way if you are interested!
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

Wizzard

Post by Wizzard » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:28 pm
that's cos we loves ya Kazz and we worry

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:30 pm
I wouldn't rely on those home machines Kazzy, they probably aren't very accurate.

If it's been a while since you had your eyes tested, I would get those done. I would certainly go to the doctors if they don't clear up in the next few days.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:31 pm
Thats sweet Wizz, thank you - mmmmwwwwahhhhh. Angel, how does distant reiki work. Not really sure what it is?? Kazzy x

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:33 pm
Thanks Kallis - think I will as it is affecting my vision and making me feel sickky. I'll try to get into docs next week some time. Aren't those home BP machines very good then? Kazzy x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:58 pm
I asked my doctor to check my home blood pressure machine against the one at the surgery and it was fine. The doctor now uses my readings from my machine as my BP is always really high at the doctors and normal to low at home. When you get an appointment with the doctor Kazzy take your machine with you and ask them to compare the readings.
41 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “friends corner”