Permanent headache

41 posts Page 2 of 3

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:01 pm
I've never been a fan of any sort of home medical machine.

They can scare you to death when in reality there might be nothing wrong with you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:21 pm
Kazzy, reiki is an energy healing system..translated it means "universal life force energy". Us and everyhing an every atom contains energy. A reiki practitioner can channel this energy for healing. It can and does work wonders and I love both giving and receiving treatments.

There is a lot of scepticism surrounding reiki..in pacrticular with the fact it can be sent distantly and work just as effectively.I was sceptical myself until I experienced it!!

I never looked back and became a reiki master myself!
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:34 pm
I wouldn't be without mine Jan - I'd be on tablets for high blood pressure totally unnecessarily if I relied on the readings taken at the surgery! They are always sky high when I'm there (the bottom number is usually over 100) but at home I'm fine, even when I've been for a run!

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:47 pm
Hiya Kazzy

High blood pressure is associated with headaches, the type you usually get is like a band around your head.

Appologies if anyone one else has said that, I have just come in from the gym and am squinting, Just read your post, left my stuff in the car and contacts are cloudy.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:25 pm
I also get phases of constant headaches and mine is linked to my blood pressure. My normal blood presssure is on the high side of normal, I have a home testing kit, recommeded by my doctor who says it is accurate. When my headache phases start my blood pressure is high 145/100, normal 135/85.

Angleparkinn

Post by Angleparkinn » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:50 pm
My expert subject.....I`ve had a headache everyday since July 07!
I collapsed last year at work and woke up just as they was wheeling me into the CT scanner,they told me my optic disc where swollen and had a 50/50 chance of having a brain tumour,it showed nothing up but I then had to spend 10 days in hospital having a MRI scan and then a lumbar puncture,they eventually said I had Intercranial Hypertension which after the scary thoughts of a tumour seemed a relief(popular to what other people have written about hypertension or blood pressure in these cases it`s not blood pressure that causes the Hypertension but the CFS fluid surrounding the brain)I was also told that I really shouldn`t have it anyway as it`s women who are fat,over forty and fertile,there are less than 15 males in the whole of the UK with my condition.
I`ve been on all types of meds for headaches,they don`t work,I`m booked in on September to have a VP shunt placed,then at last I might get rid of these blasted 24/7 365 days a year headaches.
Last edited by Angleparkinn on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.
3/60

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:08 pm
Sorry to disagree but an increased BP does lead to headaches. The pressure in the small vessels in the head leads to a slight increase in cranial pressure. I always thought that gallstones were linked to fat over 40, fertile and female too, but I may stand corrected.

I hope everything goes well with your shunt and you get some relief from your headaches soon.
Last edited by freelili on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LILY

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:15 pm
I have to disagree about the gallstones Lily.

I had trouble with mine when I was 52, had lost boat loads of weight (since regained - and then some!), and had had a hysterectomy. I was female though.

Come to think of it.......I still am![:D][:D]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:20 pm
Yes me too, I wasnt fertile when I had mine removed either, I lost my ovaries after my daughter, when I was very young and had gallstones and surgery some time after, but thats just what the texts books say. I had never been overweight either.
LILY

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:29 pm
You're lucky Lily. I've had a problem with my weight since my teens. Think I always will have.

It's been worse since I packed up smoking though.
Bob Marley.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:52 pm
Notice the word had in that??

I have two sisters one is on the big side and the other is stick thin, weight obsessed, clothes obsessed. We are all very worried about her, she lives on soup and is totally paronoid. She gets dizzy spells, I am sure she would break in half in a strong wind. She cant do anything, she is tired, looks dreadful, wears tons of make up. OK, she is a size eight, not bad for a woman of 46. My other sister, absolute life and soul and I love her to bits, does everything and is fun to be with. I love my stick thin sister too of course but she is really hard work.

I think youre lovely, cant wait to meet you and you are braver than me with the smoking thingy. I am slightly overweight now but I couldnt care less. There are much worse things in life. (like living on lettice leaves and soup and being terrified of chocolate) and then theres the stick thin, miserable cow, being totally unable to smile like Posh Beckham.
Last edited by freelili on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LILY

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:56 pm
Oh my goodness, I am REALLY scared now. I hope my headaches aren't related to any of those horrible illnesses. I am sure they are just headaches so I'm not gonna stress myself out to much about them. I am sure mine are related to BP. I'll go to see the doc as soon as I can. Worrying thing is, I am 40, heavier than I should be, and fertile! Happy days...... Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:00 pm
Well thank you for those kind words Lily, I think you are lovely as well, your posts are always a joy to read. Can't wait to meet you as well.

I certainly wouldn't want to be stick thin, never will happen because I love my food too much.

I would like to be a lot smaller than I am. I am so unfit it is untrue. When I am in the mood to lose weight, nothing will stop me. At the moment though no chance!

Funnily enough, stopping smoking has never been a problem. I've always been able to just stop. It's always been for a couple of years or so, then I have just fancied one, and that has been it. This time it has been 12 years and I don't think I will start again now.

Couldn't afford it anyway!!!!!
Bob Marley.

pixie

Post by pixie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:01 pm
I can totally relate to the permenant headache, mine was caused by a car accident though. It's been many years though and it's now best friends with all the other aches and pains!!
I was told it's not unusual and it should go away within a year or two. It didn't but I've just got used to it.
opticians and the doctors are good places to start getting it sorted out. Stress won't help either!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:02 pm
I'm sure you'll be fine Kazzy![:)]
Bob Marley.
41 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “friends corner”