Personal injury claim and iva

5 posts Page 1 of 1

danp100

Post by danp100 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:47 pm
Hi
I have had a personal injury claim settled for 1700£ and I'm just waiting to receive the cheque. When I first started the claim I contacted my iva company and I have sent them paperwork including the medical report and they accepted that since it's all for damages to my bike and injury that I will be entitled to keep it. Now since I have had confirmation of finally getting the money should I let the iva company know or leave it as it is since they have already confirmed I am ok to keep it? I have kept all correspondence just in case
Thanks for the advice
Dan

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:50 pm
Hi,

If your company have said that you can keep the claim then I would say you can.

Would not hurt just to let them know but if they have said it's ok then it should be.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 pm
Do you have it in writing from them? If so I'd be inclined to just bank the cheque in line with their letter/email. Bringing it up again when you've already got permission would serve no purpose.

If you've not got it in writing I would confirm with them and ask them to send written confirmation that it has been agreed to.

When it comes to things like this you MUST have it in black and white...

danp100

Post by danp100 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:26 pm
Hi
Thanks for the replies. I have a couple of emails confirming which I will make sure I print out and keep just in case this gets mentioned again at review. Until then I think I won't mention it again. 14 months left I can't wait #128515;

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:32 pm
I too would take instruction from the previous email and if that says it doesn't have to be paid into your IVA then it is yours.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Complaints procedure”