personal injury compensation

12 posts Page 1 of 1

addbridge

Post by addbridge » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:48 am
Hi i am due to recieve some compensation money for a accident i was involed in, it is only for personal injury no loss of earnings. Reading the other threads on the subject it says look at your terms and conditions to see weather you can keep the money. What am i looking for in the t&c the only thing i can find is about anything over 500 pounds a windfall am i missing something?
BABYCATCHER

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:05 am
http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?wh ... 579#304237

You will need to discuss this with your own IP for confirmation of what is in your proposal and what their views are. Providing evidence that the compensation is for pain and suffering will only help your case.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

addbridge

Post by addbridge » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:27 am
yes i will do that but what am i looking for in my t&c? as when i speak to them i want all the info at hand
BABYCATCHER

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:39 am
In bankruptcy pain and suffering is exempt so you would need to ask your IP why the IVA would override this. It may be down to their own view and if you feel that you are being unfairly treated you could seek counsel's opinion.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

addbridge

Post by addbridge » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:21 pm
Have just spoken to dfd and if the payment is for personal injury and suffering only then you can keep all the money yyeeeaahhh good day !!!
BABYCATCHER

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 pm
Great news. Glad it went well.

Mrs.T.

Post by Mrs.T. » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:53 pm
Dear addbridge, I am with DFD and have generally found them to be ok. However, my only concern/niggle is get it in writing! From my experience with DFD they have a habit of changing the goal posts depending on who you talk to. If it is writing they can't go back on it.

Mrs.T.

Post by Mrs.T. » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:54 pm
Oh forgot to add, congratulations by the way x

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:09 am
Good advice Mrs T,make sure you get a letter or email confirming the decision to allow you to keep the cash.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

hattybee

Post by hattybee » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:34 pm
Hi, I agree with you it is really important looking at the terms and conditions before you make a claim as you do not want to be paying extra fees. I hope you are feeling a lot better now? And what kind of injury did you suffer out of chance? As I recently slipped at work on a wet floor which did not have a sign and I was thinking of applying for compensation. But I wanted some advice as to which company is good to use? Have you heard of McKeowns Solicitors Northern Ireland before? I was thinking of using them but do you know any other good solicitors to use as this is the first time something like this has happened to me and I do not really know how to handle this situation and also I do not want to be the talk of the workplace as it is a small off-licence.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:30 pm
I know that firm Hattybee and they are one of the best firms in Newry that you could find for this type of work. Ask them if they will act on a "no win, no fee" basis.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:20 pm
Hatty Bee sounds like she would be one of Miss Marple's friends!!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”