Petition now Live -- please sign

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:23 pm
My petition to get the government to look at creating a body to mediate and offer resolution for those in an IVA has now been published and is live!

Please have a look here and sign if you would like to support the petition:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/206882

There is a link in the petition back to the IVA.Co.UK thread which introduces my line of thinking.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:14 pm
:D
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

IVAconfused75

Post by IVAconfused75 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:52 am
Signed the petition.
I happened to stumble on to the next page about your local MP.
I didn't know who mine was, but I do now. So I decided to pen her an email too. She might just bin it, but maybe this is another avenue we could try to be heard or at least make those in government we can contact directly, aware of the situation.
Anyway, we'll see what happens.

I have never written to my local MP before and don't know how effective it is, or whether you get noticed, so with this I am about to find out.

I am living in the Redditch area and unfortunately ended up in an IVA. Fortunately, I am coming to the end of mine, after a long and stressful 6yrs.
Main reason for being steered into one was due to PPIs, poor health and only temporary agency work available at that time.

I joined a forum that has members currently in or have been in an IVA for some support or advice, because there is nowhere else or no independent regulator to go to.

A petition was posted, which I signed on the forum, to the Government requesting to put an independent mediator body in place, so that people like me can use, if they have any concerns or fears BEFORE entering such a long and committed financial plan.
I hope you will read my email and take into consideration my case and many others like me and feel compelled to comment in favour for us in Parliament as a representive of just an ordinary hardworking person like me in your constituency.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this email and I hope to receive some feedback from you soon.

Yours, faithfully

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:10 am
Thank you IVAconfused75. My local MP is a bit of a chocolate fireguard (apparently we, her constituents, are, according to her recent speech in the Commons, thousands of pounds better off every year !), so I have not written to her. But I have written to the leader of the opposition to get some feathers ruffling.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

barassic

Post by barassic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:33 pm
Done Foggy.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:58 pm
Over 1800 views on forum and over 2000 views on the other petition post ---- 18 petition signatures so far.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:59 pm
Hi Foggy and all. I have been very quiet for a bit due to a heavy workload but I totally support the petition and have signed it. I will try and get back posting soon but I do not like dipping in and out providing half answers and no follow ups.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:10 pm
Nice to see you back Michael - you have been missed.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:14 pm
Happy New Year Michael. See you back on the forum soon.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”