Petrol prices

53 posts Page 1 of 4

casiquebrado

Post by casiquebrado » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:26 am
I cannot believe how expensive petrol has become. And with the Middle East issues at the moment , it is hard to see it even stabilise. Anyone else struggling with the costs at the moment ?
ATB
Casi

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:41 am
i think a lot of us are and I know I definitel am, it's affecting my food budget and I'm having to use my contingency just to top that up which isn't good but I'm coping just. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 pm
We are too, and in the same boat as Lesley with it cutting in to the food budget. We are have now cut down to just using the Car for my husband to go to work & food shopping. We had stopped the trips away from home for a while now.
The prices are shocking, but I think we are just trying to keep our heads down n see it through. Even though we are 2 years away from finishing it feels alot closer & we just want to get there!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:21 pm
From personal experience, I can tell you that a full tank in my (modest) Audi has gone from just over £50 last year to over £72 when I filled up earlier in the month, a staggering proportional increase in such a short space of time. I am fortunate, I suppose, in that a tank will last me a month, I do wince in sympathy with those who have to do more mileage than I do.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

lizwalker

Post by lizwalker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:28 pm
Petrol in my area has just gone up to £1.29.9 today! I do 45 miles travel a day! when I first got my car it was £27 to fill the tank. Now its nearly £50 depending on how low I let it get! With my boyf recently being made redundant he is having to use my car and me get a train to work as he drives a stupid sports car that uses the whole tank as soon as he touches the excelorator! Keep telling him to get rid but he is starting his own business up now so fingers crossed he will see sense and get a more economical car! Heres wishing! Boys and their toys! ha ha

liamjames

Post by liamjames » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:43 pm
I have an efficient little Hyundai i20, but driving around Manchester still costs me about £40pw. Looking forward to everyone going electric!
Take care,

Liam James
Varden Nuttall
http://www.vardennuttall.co.uk

Read our reviews here: http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/Varden_Nuttall.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:50 pm
I would rather walk than drive an electric car! Unless they can make them look half decent and go at a proper speed I'll be getting my bike out!

Thankfully my car is quite economical and a couple of tanks of petrol last me the month.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:35 pm
It's 130.9 - 132.9 by me at the moment but Asda are still the cheapest at 126.9.

I wouldn't drive electric either - I don't like them and I wonder where I'd plug it in to charge it at work - need a very long extension lead!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:01 pm
I have on street parking so might trip people up I guess if I was charging it (those who walked by). x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:09 pm
[:D][:D]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

briggadeen

Post by briggadeen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:33 pm
We're in NI and we use diesel - its £137.9 in places but garage locally is £135.9

As other posters have said I'm having to cut back a little on food shopping :( I won't be able to cope soon because it seems to be rising as much as fuel.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:54 pm
I wish I had a diesel car! Our is petrol and does less than 30 to the gallon. Everything is just going up and up and I think we will all be pulling our belts in soon.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:20 pm
I do have diesel too and when we move college's assuming I get offered a job I'll need more money as no parking so will have to pay to park x

howard07

Post by howard07 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:24 pm
The extortionate cost of fuel has nothing or very little to do with the problems in Libya etc, that is just an excuse.. It is down to plain and simple greed by both the fuel manufacturers and our tax grabbing government. Not just this government but all of them past and present. The motorist is a cash cow when it comes to tax, we have to drive because the public transport system is a joke, they know it, and screw us to the floor.

if it was all due to problems in the middle east, then the high cost of fuel would be worldwide, but it isnt.

Rant over...........Howard
IVA completed 15-3-2011

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:32 pm
Currently working away and Petrol works out at £1.35 and £1.18 for Diesel in Belgium/France. Always much cheaper for diesel for some reason so run the tank dry and fill up just before crossing the channel on the way home...
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.
53 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “talking about ...”