Petrol prices

53 posts Page 2 of 4

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:43 pm
The differential is down to taxation. Rememeber diesel used to be taxed less and therefore cheaper here ... until the Govt. cottoned on to it's rising popularity and raise the tax levels on it!!!! They will do the same with LPG eventually. Cash cows are hard to ignore.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:56 pm
£134.9 for petrol and £139.9 for diesel by me in sunny Sussex. when I went to see my daughter last week in Hampshire it was 6p a liter cheaper.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:11 pm
I'm lucky that I don't have to pay for parking but I suppose if they decided to implement that I'd have to fork out for it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:13 pm
No parking charges here at the minute but they've moved up slap bang in the middle of town where there is no through traffic all pedestrianised, I think we'll lose some of the less mobile students personally. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:25 pm
That's not good Lesley.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

antm

Post by antm » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:47 pm
I was going to ask whats happened to fuel prices, got back last night and in the taxi home we went past a PFS and saw the price of 132 a litre, im sure it was only 124 before i left last sunday?? also abroad its still only 89e a litre give or take regional variences, pity i couldn't bring any back, lol!!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:08 pm
Today on way home diesel £1.40 and unleaded £1.36.... Even those not in an IVA anymore are struggling with this and i sincerely feel for those of you still working your way through...please ensure your I&E accurately reflects your actual costs....

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:53 am
Time to ask the question again I think - do you REALLY need your car??? Have you seriously considered the cheap public transport alternative??

And - yes - I already kvow what the answer will be from all the car lovers on here!!!! And I am SURE that you do not ALL live in small villages with no public transport!!!!

Still do NOT understand how the London-based car-driving IVAers get the mandatory congestion charge included in their I+E??!!?? Check out the price of a Zone 1-6 Travelcard - you may be amazed.

Support Public Transport!! Good for the environment and - frequently - good for your wallett!!!!
Last edited by OPTIMIST12 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:36 am
As I've previously stated, I'm a shift worker and public transport is not for me. Dread to think what time I would have to get up and leave home in a morning for an early shift (and I'm not even sure if the buses are running that early by me) or what time I would get back from a late shift so no, it's not for me.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:30 am
Public transport here in this small market town is not an option. My brother works in Manchester City centre and although he owns a car he takes public transport to work and him and his partner used to own a car each and now share one and I can see how easier it is for them but not an option when you live in a small market town and this week in the local paper they're on about closing the bus station (all 3 stops) and selling the land!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lizwalker

Post by lizwalker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 am
I may well have to resort to public transport soon with my partner not working. It will be a bit of a nightmare as there is only 1 train an hour and would end up being 50 mins early for work as the next train will get me in with not enough time to get to work! but needs must and all that! my boyf used to help me out every month with a little extra cash here and there but with his redundancy he has just enough to pay the bills for the next 4 months so we are having to be extra frugal with all available funds. Here in Blackpool it has risen 5p a litre in a week! I am struggling as it is and I am due to be going on my friends hen do in Barcelona which i have saved long and hard for now for well over a year and have had to dip in to that money already for petrol!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:05 am
As I've stated before, public transport isn't an option for me - I couldn't get to work on time, and even if I could I would be adding at least 2 hours to my day which isn't practical.

Unfortunately we need 2 cars as I need mine to get to work, and OH is a self employed handyman and therefore needs a car during the day.

Unfortunately not everyone lives in a world where public transport is convenient.

kelse

Post by kelse » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:09 am
I cannot be without my car either. I have 5 children and they need taking to school which is 3 miles away. Due to their ages, they're in at different times too so some days I end up doing 5 school runs if the older one has after school club.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:48 pm
When I worked in Birmingham I used to take the train and it was very hit and miss and there were times I used to have to take the car if the train didn't turn up. I wasn't impressed.
Bob Marley.

wantmylifeback

Post by wantmylifeback » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Public transport round here is even more expensive. We have one car between us and my husband uses it for work but our son has mobility problems and I do need to use it every now and again to take him to appointments and mu husband gets the train. 2 buses and two trains later it costs him £16 return compared to around £8 a day return in petrol. With my fares to london and our petrol costs we spend over £400 a month just getting to work!
53 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “talking about ...”