Petrol Prices

12 posts Page 1 of 1

spenmotherhen

Post by spenmotherhen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:34 pm
Hi all

Is anybody else suffering with the petrol prices??

My IVA company have allowed us a monthly sum of £110 pounds for travel. The problem is I only take my children to and from school, 1 weekly shopping trip to ASDA and a couple of shuttles to various clubs that our children attend.

We drive a galaxy and the fuel is going through it like water. The monthly £110 does not last two weeks therefore we are having to use our contingency fund each month.

Our IVA company think that £110 is adequate.

We are a health concious family and walk where possible but to get my children to school we would have to walk along a duel carriageway, not ideal with 4 children.

I have managed to share lifts which has helped.

We are already cutting back everywhere to cover pocket money, children's afterschool clubs and endless birtday parties.

Moan over - Thanks!![:I]

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:04 pm
Hi, spenmotherhen. This reminds me of my proposal last year. We had £120 per month for petrol which was rejected as being too high by the people voting on behalf of HSBC. This was without them knowing what cars we had and how far we travelled to work, never mind personal mileage. How they could say that without any supporting information is amazing! I wonder how often that happens to others aspects of a proposal.

Out of curiosity, is you Galaxy a petrol or diesel model? I know it’s no use anyone saying get a cheaper car as how can you in an IVA? I filled up my car today and diesel was £1.101 per litre – just over £5 a gallon.

cr15py

Post by cr15py » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:13 pm
I saw diesel at our local BP garage was £1.159 per litre (£5.27/gallon). [:o]
Chris
Visit my blog at http://cr15py.blogs.iva.co.uk
16 down, 44 to go!!

spenmotherhen

Post by spenmotherhen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:50 pm
Hi sensible77 we have a petrol unfortunately, the diesel was 5k more and couldn't afford it.

Surely these companies themselves are feeling the price of fuel in their own budgets??

rachellxx39

Post by rachellxx39 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:36 pm
Hi our car allowance is £ 110 and thats with my hubby working 7 miles away .They ware going to set it lower but we had to change a few things on our i&E to make up for the increase.

spenmotherhen

Post by spenmotherhen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:58 pm
Originally our IVA was set at £100 for petrol and they thought that this was at the higher end of an allowance.

The thing is our IVA started 2 years ago when fuel was alot cheaper.

I feel like we are being told off when we mention this to our IVA company because we need a bit more flex on our petrol side of things, where we are just being realistic.

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:43 pm
I travel 50 miles a day to & from work. I had previously been ok with my £200.00 a month budget but I'm gonna have to ask for an increase on my annual review cos this leaves me about £50 shy.

I only drive a little 1.4 citroen and am careful driving as economically as possible!

I think the fat cat oil barons should put their hand in their pockets and bail us all out!
its a marathon not a sprint!

I'm out of my mind but please leave a message!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:53 pm
If anyone is having difficulty in persuading their IP to allow higher fuel charges, I suggest that you keep your petrol receipts for the next couple of months and produce these as evidence. There will then be little for them to argue about.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

spenmotherhen

Post by spenmotherhen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:01 am
Good idea Melanie I am sure that our petrol bills will be way over our entitlement.

Thanks

lil.me

Post by lil.me » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:14 pm
surely the simple and most effective way is using the percentage increases since the iva was proposed taking into account the allowance you where given then.

therefor if you had an allowance of £100 and petrol has increased by as as much as 40% as is typically the case then an allowance of £140 should be justifiable,after all its technically what was origonally agreed to.
Last edited by lil.me on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:06 pm
Make sure your tyres are correctly inflated folks,and empty your car of unnecessary junk. You may just find it helps you get a few more miles from a tankful of fuel.

There is also a website which tells you where the cheapest fuel in your area is search for petrol prices dot com and register your details and they send you a weekyl update with whop is cheapest or you can search on their site.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:56 pm
That's a great site, been using it for ages now. At the moment, my cheapest fuel is at Sainsburys where it is £1.06.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA expenditure allowances”