phone calls

19 posts Page 1 of 2

kezza

Post by kezza » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:23 pm
Hi,
Just come on for a rant!!!!!!!! I have started proceedings with Thomas Charles for an IVA who advised me to stop paying creditors and when they get payment they can get cracking with my application.
This I have done but have had my mum on the phone this afternoon worrying (I haven't told her what I am doing)because she has had one of my creditors on the phone after me. I haven't lived with my parents for at least 10 years!!!!!!!!!![xx(]
I can see I am going to have to break the news to my mum if they are going to be phoning me there. I would rather have kept it to myself.
THE ONLY WAY IS UP :-)

freelili

Post by freelili » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:37 pm
I had the same problem after 16 years the b*******ds.

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:09 pm
Hi Kezza,

I made the first dreaded phone call to start the IVA process on the 16 Oct...i have my creditors meeting next Friday. The one thing i was dreading was creditors phoning me at work as some of them had my works number.....Mint phoned 3 times in one day whilst i was in a meeting....i was beside myself with worry that others might start doing the same and colleagues would find out. i took the bull by the horns...i phoned them all up and explained my predictament...i asked them to take my works number off their system explaining that i could not discuss my account there. I gave them my mobile and re confirmed my home number saying that if they phoned my mobile during the day and leave a message i would phone back....likewise with my home number. I have to say that most creditors have been absolutely fine with this and haven't bothered phoning me full stop. Only MBNA have been a pain...but since my IVA proposal went out a couple of weeks ago i haven't heard a peep from them. I also wrote to every single creditor and reconfirmed my contact numbers and explained about the IVA. I would recommend that you contact the creditor who phoned your parents and tell them your home number and mobile etc and explain that you no longer live with your parents..they SHOULD NOT contact you there once you tell them. As Neverending once told me at the beginning of my process 'the best form of defence is attack'........although i hated lying i told my work colleagues that MINT were worried because i hadn't activated my new card. Anyway the calls haven't been half as bad as i expected...i have had the odd letter saying about payment overdue oh and one default..but that is it. One more week to go and hopefully i will be sorted! good luck

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:21 pm
the calls here have stopped recently all quiet so far, and creditors meeting next Thursday

kezza

Post by kezza » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:37 pm
I know, I keep thinking that I will ring them. Should you tell them you are entering an iva before your ip has arranged a creditors meeting? Or doesn't it matter if that is the course of action you have chosen.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:41 pm
your IP should have contacted them mine did.

kezza

Post by kezza » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:56 pm
I am still in the process of collecting all the relavant paperwork to send in and send my first payment so I presume they won't be contacting them till Ihave done that.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:02 pm
onece the proposal is ent out things should go quet, i ahve ahd a couple of letters os far but the phine has goine quiet.

kezza

Post by kezza » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:05 pm
Thanks for that dominic, as soon as can get the money together etc it will be going straight in [:p]

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:08 pm
Have you got a basic bank account set up yet if not I would do so now and not after the IVA starts

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:14 pm
Kezza,

no mine didn't contact them until the actual proposal went out with the date of the creditors meeting...but....on the 16th Oct after the initial calls i was given a contact name and number at my IP and also at the debt man firm that i went through. I have attached below a copy of the generic letter that i sent out to all my creditors.

NOTIFICATION OF IMPENDING IVA
CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT NUMBER : XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

1. I have recently verbally advised one of your representatives that I am regrettably undergoing an IVA process.

2. This correspondence is to confirm my conversation.

3. If you require further confirmation/clarification then please contact the following who are acting on my behalf:-

a) XXXXXX contact XXXXXXXXX 0871 XXX XXX
b) XXXXXXXXX (Insolvency Practitioner) – contact XXXXX 0800 XXX XXXX

4. I accept that I will still get correspondence from you and may get telephone calls until the
IVA is finalised therefore I would like to reconfirm my contact details:-

Home telephone number – XXXXX XXXXXX (after 5pm and weekends)
Mobile - 0781XXX XXXX (during working hours)
Home address – XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

5. You may hold a work number for me but unfortunately I will not be able to discuss my
account on this number due to working in an open plan office. Also I am often not in my work place due to travelling to other offices for meetings, sometimes overnight. Messages can be left on my mobile during working hours and I will return your call that day.

Kezza, although my IP had not made contact with creditors from day one, i still put their contact details on the letter. Thought it would look better and at least if they did want to check they had a contact number to phone.

kezza

Post by kezza » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:16 pm
I have got an appointment for next thursday with natwest because they were busy when I called in on monday. Hopefully that will go ok.
If they say no I don't know who else to go to as Barclays is one of my creditors as are HSBC [:0]. I believe the cooperative bank are ok but there isn't a branch that near to me.

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:19 pm
Abbey national are also very good......you dont get a debit card though with their basic account...but i have a pre paid credit card which i use for all card transactions...abbey will allow you to open an account straight away...you do get internet banking as well

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:23 pm
All abbye wll need is a passport and a driving licence

kezza

Post by kezza » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:26 pm
Thanks for that everyone. It all seems like hard work but it will all be worth it in the end [(#)](hopefully!)
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”