PHONE CALLS!

12 posts Page 1 of 1

kezza

Post by kezza » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:00 pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Thanks for that, I feel muchbetter now [:)]If MBNA call me 1 more timeI swear I'll scream!!!!!
The battery on my mobile is lasting about a day, and they are stressing to my work colleagues (actually me [;)])that is most important that I speak to them immediately!!!
[:u] [(#)]
THE ONLY WAY IS UP :-)

posuns

Post by posuns » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:08 pm
I know what you mean, I get about 4-5 calls a day from MBNA.Even when I decide to answer it they never seem to understand.
Their problem is that they pass on the debt to a company called GVI who don't seem to comunicate anything back to MBNA and also MBNA don't talk to GVI so it's a vicious circle.

Keep smiling!!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:03 pm
I told them that if they didn't stop calling me at work I would lose my job and then they wouldn't get a penny out of me - it seemed to work as they didn't bother me again!

Two down, fifty eight to go until freedom!

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:57 pm
I told them that i could not talk to them at work...end off and to take my number off their system...to be fair to them they never did phone me at work...just on my mobile and home number...but i think if i didn't pick the phone up at home to speak to them they may have resorted to phoning me at work!...yes i agree MBNA were the only 1 of my 8 creditors that constantly rang me....but after my IVA proposal went out with the date of the creditors meeting....i never heard a peep from them. You are better off speaking to them...they can stop their system dialling you for 4 days...they did tell me this..and did it. Just keep strong...tell them that you are not paying a penny irrespective of how many times they call you...also don't let them lead you down the road of talking about your financial situation...on a couple of occassions they started to quiz me as to why after being a good customer for 10 years that i suddenly couldn't pay now...i told them that that wasn't their business and i would not discuss it with them.

kezza

Post by kezza » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:43 am
I have this problem, I had hfc bank asking me to explain my situation when I am in a room full of people.When I said it wasn't a convenient time they said "you must tell us why" You can imagine my response. All this after I have written explaining my situation and telling them on the phone!
I have also told them i cannot speak at work, I will have to try Skippy's plan and tell them I will be losing my job if they insist on phoning me and thus get nothing [:)]

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:32 pm
Fortunately HFC were not one of my creditors...i do feel for you having them phone you at work....one of my main panicks throughout the whole IVA process were people phoning me at work..i only had one at work who were Mint..they phoned me 3 times in one day when i was on a meeting right at the start of my iva process....i told colleagues that they just wanted me to confirm receipt of my new card as i hadn't activated it.....i was panick stricken as i am not a good liar......but when i phoned them back and explained they were fine...that is the only incident i had...and i had 8 creditors...do hfc phone you at home? and if so do you pick up the phone? if you don't then my advise is speak to them at home...it may stop them phoning you at work...they tend to phone you at the same time of day on the same number...if i were you..if they phoned you again at work i would say sorry i cannot discuss this now but if you give me a contact name and number i will phone you later on...then do it! they may then get into the pattern of phoning in the evenings.

kezza

Post by kezza » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:29 pm
I think you are right bluebelle, but what I don't understand is that when you have written explaining the situation and have given them your IP's contact details, why they should even bother contacting you at all!

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:55 pm
I believe the problem occurs becasue a lot of these big lenders are rather disjointed. So when it is updated in one of their systems that you are proposing an IVA or even have had an IVA accepted, you still may get calls from another department who work from a data base which hasn't had the info updated. Try to percervere and continue reminding your creditors that you are proposing or are in an IVA. If the calls become harrassing contact your IP.

You can access Video Clips giving additional information about IVAs at:
http://www.thomascharles.com/interview_ ... an_iva.asp

If you would like more information about IVAs, other debt solutions, or just want to arrange an informal chat, please visit us at www.thomascharles.com.

Best Regards
Oliver
www.thomascharles.com
Best Regards
Oliver

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:17 pm
get a call minder device if no number iis displayed or you do not recongize it do not answer, and then do 1471

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:30 pm
If you are in an IVA or in the process of porposing an IVA your creditors should and usually will back off. If they don't, simply tell them that you are refering them to your IP and put the phone down.

You can access Video Clips giving additional information about IVAs at:
http://www.thomascharles.com/interview_ ... an_iva.asp

If you would like more information about IVAs, other debt solutions, or just want to arrange an informal chat, please visit us at www.thomascharles.com.

Best Regards
Oliver
www.thomascharles.com
Best Regards
Oliver

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:32 pm
This is a nightmare of a problem and I empathise with anyone going through it at the moment. The company who introduced me to my IP told me to say that any telephone calls should be directed to them ... but the companies concerned would have none of it. After I had written to them advising them that the debt was being dealt with I then paid the extra to have my home telephone have "call divert" set up and diverted all calls to my mobile phone so that I had the caller display facility. I then just didn't answer any calls that I did not know the source of. It meant a higher home telephone bill for a couple of months but saved a lot of hassle.

Debbie
Debbie

kezza

Post by kezza » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:08 pm
I don't answer now as I have written and explained on the phone to no avail. When I am at work and answer the phone I make out I am somebody else and say "she is not in today, can I take a message?" They seem to expect the answer now as it's gone from "she must speak to us urgently!" to "ok"
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”