Phonecalls

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:27 pm
Hi all,

Since being in IVA things have been pretty quiet. We have had a court letter from AMEX dated after our meeting date - so not really worried about that and 3 calls from Mercers.

Although yesterday and today we have had some strange financial company ring us regarding our mortgage and secured loan - apparently we are well respected customers of one of 75 major banks that 'they' deal with - This I laughed at. I told them I wasn't willing to confirm that I had a mortgage or secured loan and that I was ending the call.

The question really is would this company get details of my mortgage and secured loan from the insolvency register?

(Don't even know if we're on there yet - not looked and I don't think I'm gonna).

Thanks

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:05 pm
Hey hun, I've looked for you and you are on![:(] I'm pretty sure they can't get any details, they aren't on the register. I wonder who they are. Hope you're ok, I've just sent you a boring old email![:)] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

pixie

Post by pixie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:20 am
sounds like they are just cold calling! 75 major banks would cover everyone!
have you still got that whistle handy.........
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:39 am
Sounds like it's one of those firms that 'major banks' use to try and drum up new business. I keep getting calls on my mobile about insurance and they are supposed to be agents of O2.

You did the best thing.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:29 am
Sounds like one of those dialler companies who refuse to give you the details of who they are or give some false name or company name and are calling from a foreign call centre, can you believe I even had a Roger Moore call in a indian accent lol. These people have either not heard of the telephone preference service or if you do mention it to them they go uh ho and hang up.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

Barbsj

Post by Barbsj » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:02 pm
If it's a mobile, give your provider a call. I had a similar situation and they gave me a number to call which removed me from loads of marketing calls. Since then i've not had a single one!!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for july”