PICTURE LOAN

37 posts Page 1 of 3

m15

Post by m15 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:23 am
HI CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE I HAVE A MORTGAGE WITH N/ROCK AND A PICTURE LOAN SECURE TO MY PROPERTY. WE ARE GOING BANKRUPT AND THERE WILL BE NOTHING LEFT IN MY PRPOERTY AS WE ARE HANDING THE KEYS BACK TO N/ROCK AS THERE IS NO MONEY LEFT IN PROPERTY AND WE ARE GOING TO RENT.CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT A MONEY JUDGEMENT ORDER IS AS CHRIS G KINDLY SHOWED ME A QUOTE FROM ANOTHER PERSON WHICH SAID EVEN AFTER THEY WENT BANKRUPT PICTURE WAS STILL CHASING THEM AND TOOK THEM TO COURT. help please!!!!

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:32 am
This was me, I do not have the Money Judgement Order, it was from another forum, a member on there is in the same situation and has this MJO obtained against them

I had the Picture loan and the mortgage with Nrock and they just keep on hassling me for payment

Picture are the worst. I have been told this is all included in the bankruptcy but they still persist. I just ignore them now, but the worry is always at the back of my mind that they will hound me forever!

m15

Post by m15 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:36 am
THANK YOU . HOW WERE N/ROCK WHEN YOU TOLD THEM. AND DID YOU GIVE HOUSE UP . IT GOOD TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO HAS THE SAME MORTGAGE AND LOAN . CAN YOU TELL ME A BIT PLEASE REALLY WORRIED WE ARE JUST ABOUT TO START BANKRUPCY.

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:06 pm
Northern Rock, to be honest, were not too bad. We left our house in April last year, we have not paid any mortgage or secured loan since January 2007. We did not hand the keys in, we just left it to be repossessed, we were advised by CAB that if we gave it up, we may not get on the council house waiting list.

The house was only repossessed by Nrock a couple of weeks, ago, I don’t know why on earth they have taken so long, but there you go. Up until the end, they were very keen for us to pay and keep the house. I kept explaining that we could not afford the mortgage and the secured loan. If we did not have the Picture loan, we could have kept the house, it was our huge mistake for taking it on.

We tried to sell the house initially, we had a buyer who was ready to exchange contracts but it was Picture who would not allow a sale unless we paid them £10,000. We did not have this money. The man I spoke to on the phone from Picture was horrible and just told me “well, we will not allow you to sell your house then”

We looked into an IVA, the company we approached convinced us that they could get Picture to release this 2nd charge and allow the sale and then any shortfall,(about £16,000) would have gone into the IVA. Picture took 5 long months to decide NO, we could still not sell the house. The estate agent/solicitor we had also tried to convince Picture to allow the sale, to no avail. We had moved out by then, had not paid any creditors for 5 months (on advice from the IVA company)

The pressure just got too much so we decided on bankruptcy, we had no choice, we could not do the IVA as the house was stuck in stalemate and mentally, I could take no more.

Bankruptcy has been tough, there have been things I have not been happy about, some of the things the OR has said to us, etc and now they are trying for an IPA when our surplus is about £20 per month, so there always seems to be some on-going hassle and stress to contend with, but hopefully it will be sorted soon, but I don’t regret it at all, for that fresh start.

m15

Post by m15 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:26 pm
IT WAS THE SAME FOR US WE MOVED IN NOV 2007 UP NORTH FOR HUSBANDS JOB AND PICTURE WOULD NOT LET US MOVE UNTILL WE PAID £19'000 OFF OUR LOAN SO THE MONEY WE HAD LEFT IN THE HOUSE WE AHD TO PAY THEM OFF AND NOT OUR CREDIT CARDS WHICH LEFT US WORST OFF. SO WE HAVE CREDIT CARD DEBT STILL UP HERE AND IT IS KILLING US.
WHAT WERE YOU SAYING TO N/ROCK WHY YOU WEREN'T PAYING THEM AND PICTURE?
WE HAVE FOUND A PROPERTY TO RENT JUST NEED TO GET N THERE BEFORE OUR CREDIT GETS WORSE FOR CREDIT RATING. VIEWING IT SUNDAY. SO HOPEFULY NEXT WEEK WILL BE ON THE WAY.
I BET YOU ARE ALOT HAPPIER NOW NOT HAVING DEBT.
THEY SAY YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE BAD TO COME OUT GOOD.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP THIS IS REALLY RESURING ME .

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:37 pm
I just told the creditors at the beginning what was happening.

I also had an unsecured loan with Northern Rock and they were THE worst, they rang every hour, even at 8.30 am on a Sunday up until 9.30 at night! We unplugged the phone so I did not really speak to creditors that much. Had one massive blow-up at one woman from Picture who was awful to us so after that, we decided not to speak with them again on the phone. We moved out to a rented house and did not tell anyone our new phone number! BLISS

I don’t think creditors believe you when you say you are going to go bankrupt, they think you are bluffing and so they carry on hassling.

m15

Post by m15 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:40 pm
THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH FOR YOU HELP I FEEL ALOT BETTER TODAY NOW I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU. I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:14 pm
Jane, do you know what a MJO is? We had a secured loan with Halifax,we also had our mortgage with them. I'm just a bit concerned as this MJO was granted after br...I don't want anything to come back and bite me bum in a few years!!!
xx
It's nice to be back......

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:09 am
An MJO is similar to a CCJ but it can only require you to pay money and does not allow for the taking of goods.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:06 am
Thanks Melanie. Is it usual for creditors to be allowed a MJO after br??

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:32 am
Yes, I must admit, I am very worried about this, and hearing that one was granted to someone AFTER bankruptcy

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:44 am
It sure is concerning. I just wonder if the original credit/debt hadn't been included in the br...maybe it was 'overlooked' by the petitioner. I hope it's something like that and not a loophole where they can still come after you for payment. After all that's the whole point of br, a fresh, debt free start.
xx

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:03 pm
Yes, but I thought in bankruptcy, even if a person missed a debt off the petition, any debts pre-dating the bankruptcy date are included anyway?

We delayed our bankruptcy by 7 months waiting for the house to be repossessed and then the shortfall would be realised but this has not happened. We were advised by CAB to wait, but this would take about 18 months or so. CAB said that after bankruptcy, we could still be liable for this secured loan. I thought our house has been repossessed in August but it had not been. We went bankrupt at end-August

We are now in precisely the situation I wanted to avoid, I have been discharged, the house has only just been repossessed and has not been sold yet! And Picture are still chasing for this debt!

We may have to go bankrupt again if this is the case, there is no way I am paying Picture back over £36,000! We cannot afford it and , like you say, bankruptcy was supposed to be a fresh debt-free start in life!

I had never heard of a MJO before last week!

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:23 pm
We've always been under the impression that any shortfall in the mortgage or secure loan we had WOULD be included in the br even if we still had the house after we went br. It's so confusing and worrying all this. I do hope that all our debts were included in our br.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:00 pm
If the debt was a debt at the date of the bankrupcty order, and secured loan shortfalls fit into that bracket, then they are caught by the bankruptcy.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
37 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “postings for april”