PJG

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
424 posts Page 5 of 29

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Im assuming that creditfix is a largeish company so its strange that none of their team post on this forum...... 23% fees wow ! Any windfall I get in a form of a cheque will now be cashed at one of those pawn broker shops......
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:58 pm
Im assuming that creditfix is a largeish company so its strange that none of their team post on this forum...... 23% fees wow ! Any windfall I get in a form of a cheque will now be cashed at one of those pawn broker shops......
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

pollyann

Post by pollyann » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:10 pm
I have just been told today that our iva has been transferred to creditfix, a worry yes but i hope that this new company are as good as pjg have been. Only time will tell.

mrsbee

Post by mrsbee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:13 pm
Oh God so worried we've just had an email from Laura at PJG informing us that our IVA has been transferred we are due our 4th review and due to get house valuation done in a few months :S I can't believe this has happened just when we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't find any information about the company at all, then thought I'd check on here and found this thread. We chose Mel and her team because of the service she offered and have been passed from pillar to post a bit already throughout the IVA so far so really angry, worried and upset that this has happened now :(

Edited to add there is an email address for the new company pjg@creditfixme.co.uk
Last edited by mrsbee on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debt free after a successful f&f :)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:47 pm
The fees on your arrangements will stay the same unless Creditfix get you to agree to an amendment. GT tried this --- I refused to sign the new agreement and it did not appear to effect the way they dealt with my IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

recovering

Post by recovering » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:57 pm
I have had the email too[:(]I have emailed credifix about a problem with my wages this month so will see if I get a contact to discuss this with. I hate things dragging on it makes me so anxious I don't sleep I am glad it's not just me and really grateful for Foggy's knowhow! The equity release/secured loan issue was my biggest fear, the allowances too

Pap

Post by Pap » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:48 pm
Absolutely gutted about this.
I understand it may be believed that this new firm share the same business values and ethics but I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one but, having taken over a large number of cases en bloc, how can they offer a good level of service as they can't possibly be staffed to the level they need to be? Unless they have spent the last who knows how long with an office full of people doing nothing, waiting for a bus load of cases to come along??
I am very cross about details of my private life being 'sold off' without my prior knowledge or consent, being in an iva is soul destroying enough, feeling you have no control or say in what happens to you/your future, and this just makes it worse in my humble opinion.
Added to that - the fact that Melanie has kept some cases where she felt it in the clients best interest - that's like a parent choosing one child over another and does not help the 'unchosen' at all. Do their 'best interests' not count?

By the way - I don't know if I've been transferred, I'm too frightened to ask but I feel sure in my heart that I will have been.

Light at the end of the tunnel? An oncoming train I suspect!
May 2015 - Completed!!

recovering

Post by recovering » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:02 pm
I think we all feel the same! it's having any sort of control I felt I had ripped away, defo feel like I did pre IVA, I think Mel said Some PJG staff are working with the new lot to help but I do wonder how long it will take to get a reply to the email I sent today

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:08 pm
One thing to bear in mind -- in the past transfers have caused "blips" because the incoming "new" cases have been in a bit of a muddle. I am convinced that this will not apply to any of Mels' teams' cases and this will be one of the smoother transfers.

I appreciate the feelings this engenders, having been transferred myself in the past, but, let's try to see how things pan out.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

recovering

Post by recovering » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:10 pm
I have a tendancy to be over dramatic!!!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:20 pm
Not at all recovering. Many of us put a lot of effort and thought, as well as some emotional investment, in choosing our practitioners. It is natural to feel upset when the rug is pulled out from under.

This will be a course which Mel will not have taken lightly and I am sure she has chosen wisely and not, in any way, been guided by the almighty pound.

peterh

Post by peterh » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:26 pm
Well I am not happy and I have agreements in place because I had a tough year, now what!?

I do find it worrying, no matter how everyone says mel us so good, she is not commenting to reassure

I just rang creditfix, you are just a number, we have departments for all issues, so a call centre robotic

This surely should not be allowed,

Worrying times

fruitloop

Post by fruitloop » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:27 pm
I emailed Creditfix yesterday afternoon and had a reply this morning. I then rang them with a query and found the two contacts I spoke to were very helpful and knowledgable and were only too happy to answer my many questions. I hope the dealings I had with them today are an indication of things to come. I feel a lot more positive and reassured than I was yesterday.

recovering

Post by recovering » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:30 pm
That is a good sign!

Pap

Post by Pap » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:47 pm
I do hope you're right and that is a good sign but I still have concerns that this was finalised on Friday and as of now I have had no contact from either side.
I find it odd that Susan Clay issued a statement on the trust deeds forum on 18 Oct but nothing has been issued here yet.
I have had my valuation done,having paid 66 months so far, and have posted all my paperwork but now worry it will get lost in the transfer somewhere and somehow it will no doubt be my fault.
I honestly do not know where to turn - feel like giving up now [:(]
May 2015 - Completed!!
424 posts Page 5 of 29
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”