Please can you clarify for me

3 posts Page 1 of 1

bev.nn

Post by bev.nn » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:30 pm
Hi - I have had an IVA in place for almost a year now.The IVA is solely in my name - there were no joint debts. My husband and I had a joint bank account with an overdraft owing of 2900 - i was told that it couldnt go into the IVA as the terms & conditions of the bank account meant that in such a situation my husband was liable for the debt. With some help from the in - laws and my husband earning extra monies we have managed to clear the debt at last but i have been reading some stories on your forum of similar circumstances and it appears that if I let my IP know this then they will knock some of this off what I owe to creditors? Please can you clarify for me.

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:23 pm
Hi bev and welcome to the forum

I can't answer your question as am not an expert, but I wanted to reassure you that someone will be around soon to answer.
Emma
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:27 pm
Hi
The joint overdraft should have been included in your IVA,however the fact that it is now paid off means that you have nothing to worry about.it is important that youdo not go overdrawn with this account so I suggest taling the overdraft facility off the account or take your name off it
Regards
Andam Davies
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”