please dont be offended

12 posts Page 1 of 1

rockbottom

Post by rockbottom » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:45 pm
hi all

i have just read a discussion on the clothes allowance for children during an iva, i too think it is very small, i have 2 children one boy 12 and one girl 2 and a half, as she is growing at such a rate alot of her clothes are like brand new, i am more than willing to post them to any person on here that has a child of younger age(same season, its no good wearing polo necks in the summer), if anyone is interested i will sort through them and check ages and see what season they are for.
Please please dont take offence at this suggestion, it is really not intended as i have always been more than happy to accept clothes that no longer fit one of my sons older friends for him.

rockbottom

joh71262

Post by joh71262 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:48 pm
Clothes swaps are a great idea. It gives you the opportunity to get some new gear for the cost of postage !

Good idea RB
There's light at the end of the tunnel - it's just that sometimes the tunnel seems so long.

IVA Complete June 2009

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:48 pm
That's very kind of you Rockbottom, Andy was looking into the logistics of starting up a swapshop type thing. I've not heard any more on it though o not sure how the plans are going.....
It's nice to be back......

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:50 pm
thats not offensive, I think its a lovely gesture!!

you haven't got a 13 yr old daughter anywhere have you!!

If nobody takes you up on the offer, try selling them on ebay.. at least recoup some pennies
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:52 pm
We could call it IVAbay......[8D]
Last edited by chris.g on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rockbottom

Post by rockbottom » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:59 pm
hi all
good name chris lol, and ang i havent got a 13yr old in size but it sometimes feels like it in nature as my toddler throws some teenager tantrums already, im sure there most be some way to post whilst keeping annonymity, i wonder if you can post direct to sorting offices or post offices for collection.

rockbottom

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Could there not be a disclaimer to say we agree to our identidy to be known to other swappers?? Even if it is only available when you are actually in the process of sending something on??
Last edited by chris.g on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:05 pm
Don't know, but I'm so trusting that nothing like that would have entered my head!![:I]

I need to look into things more me thinks!!
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:52 pm
I have two small step grandchildren, and I buy clothes for them for birthdays and Christmas off Ebay. I have had some good designer bargains for them, some new and some not so new. All have been in great condition though. It is much cheaper than the shops
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Mrs Positive

Post by Mrs Positive » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Thats a great idea, no offense taken[:)]

We are all in the same boat and anything helps[:)]

Swap shop would be good ......so we wait to here but in the meantime unfortunately I have a 6 year old boy and like any other tiny person grows heaps and heaps[:D]

Thanks!

rockbottom

Post by rockbottom » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:32 pm
hi all

rang the sorting ofice today, good news there is a way to stay annoymous and receive mail for anybody not comfortable with giving their home address, bad news is, like everything it comes with a hefty price tag, anybody can set up a PO box address it costs £48 for 6 mnths or £60 for the year, you mail is sent to your PO box at your local sorting office and you can collect it whenever you like.

janderson

Post by janderson » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:57 am
Hi All

The swapshop idea is brilliant, we are in a freecycle network here in wakefield. Do an online search in your area because the groups are locally based and exchange things or offer things on the internet. So for example you offer outside door, you receive expressions of interest and chose somone to receive the door. They usually come to collect it so there is a lot of trust needed, on the flip side you get what you want and make new friends.

Try it and see.

John[:)]
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”