Please help and assist with my questions

2 posts Page 1 of 1

dd_

Post by dd_ » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:23 pm
I have made recent posts re this issue and as i have sat down and counted amount owing its stressed me somewhat .......................
I am now a permanent oz resident and have been here for 5 years...... I have one loan 5300 sterling at 7.8% but also incurring interest so min payments dont alter the balance so much, then i have approx 3000 sterling on a credit card..... so to pay these of today i guess in the region $18,000 ozzie, now am i best getting an ozzie loan and sending over a bulk payment to pay this off ? as then i guess im paying a ozzie loan with ozzie interest being accrued, but then probably my logics wrong !!!
I am really coming to the conclusion that im not going to pay this off and know from previous posts i will not be affected over here re credit rating, even though letters will be sent, now both the institutuions have my parents address, so im worried if i do stop paying they will get harrased by balliffs, is this correct or if i give them my oz address and wait for 3 months, does that mean my parents will not get threats etc.... just dont want to pass my burden onto them ??????? Now ive also read i can just contact my card and loan company by i guess mail as phoning there is no records and offer them a lessor amount as i understand they wont want to chase such a small amount and would rather accept a lower amount than nothing at all, so do they sell to another agency ? ....... no the last option is to go bankrupt but dont understand how this is different to the above and if i need to go back to the uk to do this??????????, either way i guess for 5 years cant get credit ? i know im taking a risk as who knows if i need to go back to the uk one day but im willing to do it
Please help and assist with my questions, really appreciate all your time

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:14 pm
Hi
Your parents should not be affected by your debts.
If you are in a position to pay a lump sum to your creditors in a full and final offer then I would do this and under the circumstances they should accept
regards
Andam Davies
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”