please put down allowances for insurances

24 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:45 pm
That's even better Lily![:D]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:07 am
That is appalling advice to be told to cancel life insurance, when you have a young family. I am shocked to read this.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:35 pm
I've got no insurances, I did take out pet insurance but when I got into arrears with IVA I had to cancel that and cancel Sky TV. On an interest only mortgage too which is worrying me since receiving statement but eh ho? can't do anything about it now. I try and push it to the back of mind and hopefully when we have to remortgage in year 5 I can get a repayment with extortionate pay back or sell and go into rented? not sure at present.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:43 pm
Our buildings insurance is in with the mortgage, contents is seperate. Two lots of pet insurance were also allowed and we still have Sky. Mind you, that is our only entertainment as we have been out once in the last 18 months, and that was the FF meeting at Walsall!

I know we won't be able to remortgage in year 4 as we will both be old gits by then (hubby is already there!).
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:45 pm
I've got buildings and contents insurance wouldn't do without them but no life or any other insurance. Sky we did have and were allowed but paying back £60 per month in arrears left me short and so pet insurance and sky had to go then. Nearly done though. To add I did have the option of adding on the arrears to end of IVA but chose to do it this way.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:55 pm
I hope I didn't come across as smug lesley. I am sure that if I ever have to struggle, then something would have to go - and it probably would be Sky.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:31 pm
Jan NO! you didn't come across as being smug at all please do not think that. Can I ask did I make you lock one of the earlier topics re a gamble. I do hope not??

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:25 pm
No it wasn't you Lesley. I just thought it had run it's course and could have got quite personal. I'd already upset her anyway.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:30 pm
Thanks for the reassurance Jan and totally agree it had run its course.
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “tips for IVA success”