Possible Promotion/Need for Car Insurance

2 posts Page 1 of 1

MoSH

Post by MoSH » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:15 am
I’m currently heading towards a promotion in work which will see me with a 10k pay rise annually before bonuses. Though before I can apply for this promotion I have to be driving to ensure I can get to and from the change of location.
When I took out my IVA I wasn’t driving so no car cost/insurance cost was factored in to my outgoings.
I’m a new driver and I know insurance companies will check my credit file before accepting me.

So my question is, should/can I take out the insurance on a car without notifying my IP(CreditFix) or should I contact them first and explain why I require the insurance now before I technically get the promotion?

(Luckily been gifted a car from my brother)
(High chance of promotion due to demand of experience and relationship with higher ups)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:51 am
I would be inclined to chat it through with CF before doing anything. Though, to be frank, I cannot see the need to actually instigate any insurance before knowing that you will be getting promoted.... You can drive and a car is sat on the tarmac, waiting. Insurance can be arranged in minutes, over the phone --OK, in your situation it might take a few phone calls, but you can get quotes up front, ready to accept if and when you get promoted.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bonus, overtime, pay rises and windfalls”