Post F&F - trying to clean up credit score

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Nikl

Post by Nikl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 pm
I’m 4 months post F&F (IVA started October 2017) so I’m a long way off having a good score but I’m trying to take active steps to organise my life and credit score.

On Clear Score, it says a negative is that I’m not registered in the electoral roll where I live, but I had confirmation that I am today and have been since July 2018. I’m not sure where to go from here. All in all, my report is a mess.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:45 pm
Now you are on the Electoral Roll your score will improve the longer you are at that address (shows stability). The financial side will be a mire until the IVA has sorted (have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record )
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:29 am
Once you reach the 6th anniversary of the start of your iva your credit reports will start to show improvement as the defaults drop off.

I would check to see that the defaults are all the date your iva started or before. Any registered after this date should be changed to the start date.
We had a few that had to be changed and we wrote to the creditors and asked them to amend the dates in line with the date your iva commenced.
Some amended straight away others needed a second 'kick' ..but by the time the 6th anniversary arrived we had them all correct so within two months we had a clear record.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

bethany

Post by bethany » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:17 am
Nikl wrote:
I’m 4 months post F&F (IVA started October 2017) so I’m a long way off having a good score but I’m trying to take active steps to organise my life and credit score.

On Clear Score, it says a negative is that I’m not registered in the electoral roll where I live, but I had confirmation that I am today and have been since July 2018. I’m not sure where to go from here. All in all, my report is a mess.

Hi Niki

Have you checked to see if you have come off the insolvency register also? I'm assuming your have received your completion certificate.

:)

Nikl

Post by Nikl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:01 pm
Yes I’ve come off the IR which felt amazing.

I used clear score at the moment because it’s the only one I have used with doesn’t seem to sign me up to x amount per month after a 30 day trial but I don’t believe it shows me default dates, unless I’m mistaken.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:15 pm
Nikl wrote:
Yes I’ve come off the IR which felt amazing.

I used clear score at the moment because it’s the only one I have used with doesn’t seem to sign me up to x amount per month after a 30 day trial but I don’t believe it shows me default dates, unless I’m mistaken.
For a thorough check I always advocate visiting each agency's web site and ordering a statutory report --- this used to be £2 a pop, but I am told it is now free under the latest GDPR rules. This report is what lenders see and is "live" --- the likes of Clearscore and Noddle are manipulated for ease of reference by the consumer and can be two months out of date.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”