Post IVA just got a normal credit card!!!!

3 posts Page 1 of 1

littlefi

Post by littlefi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 pm
Hi all

I guess I'm posting this to prove that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. I paid off my IVA early on a full and final, but actually my 6 years was only up on 6th June this year. I had only one error on my credit file but that was fixed very quick. I've been keeping an eye on things like clearscore, and thought well I'll look and see if they think I'll get a normal credit card. I've had a Vanquis high interest one for a while, which has seen me through some tough times!

Anyway, long story short, I've been accepted for normal credit for the first time in years and years! I almost can't believe it!

The IVA is the best and hardest thing I ever did, but it was the right thing at the time, and it does end. Only 6 short years ago I was in the depth of despair financially, now I am starting to feel like a normal person again financially!

Hang in, it gets better x
"It is never too late to be what you might have been"
Fiona

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:45 pm
Well done, it's great,isn't it :-)

I, too, had a Vanquis after my f&f. When my file cleared up I applied for a Post Office card (just because I could) and was accepted and, more recently, I upgraded my Co-Op Casminder accounts to current accounts because I needed a cheque book. While I was in branch they offered me a credit card and, before I knew it, I had one of theirs too! Might add that all have zero balances and will stay that way !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

littlefi

Post by littlefi » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:21 am
It is a great feeling, and so weird after all this time!
"It is never too late to be what you might have been"
Fiona
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”