Post Office Basic Bank Account

5 posts Page 1 of 1

vickir

Post by vickir » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:22 pm
Just noticed on-line that the Post Office are advertising a basic bank account with Direct Debit and standing order facilites for people who have "failed banks credit checks".
See lots of questions on the forum from people who are looking to open new accounts, thought this may be something to keep in mind.

wen

Post by wen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:52 pm
I think if you re-read the website you'll see it is advertising the basic bank account services rather than an account of its own.

When i worked at the PO I was told they wouldn't create a basic bank account product because it was not cost effective to the company.
Please visit my blog http://adam.blogs.iva.co.uk/

joanna_d

Post by joanna_d » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 pm
i read the basic bank acccount andit said an account with the post office for child tax credit family allowances pensionsbut no salary the post office does have abasic bank account

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:19 pm
does or does not joanna d?
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:49 pm
I read that they don't have their own basic bank account, but they do allow you to do certain things if you bank with someone on their list.

The Post Office card account is purely for benefits, tax credits and pensions.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bank accounts and credit cards”