Post Office Christmas Club

23 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:30 pm
I'm going to try and start saving for Christmas now.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

briggadeen

Post by briggadeen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:33 pm
I have begun saving with Parks Christmas savings, I know you have to pay a set amount each month but I think I will miss it less than having to pay out hundreds at xmas. I have a little boy and our local department store also run a xmas club from august which I will be joining to buy those all important santa pressies. Me and hubby didn't exchange xmas pressies last year because of the money situation but as long as my son is taken care of I'm happy.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:38 pm
Having just had a bit of a battle in Argos with the vouchers - I prefer the cash!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

briggadeen

Post by briggadeen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:20 pm
I HATE Argos. Purchased a television which went faulty within its warranty period and they would not give an exchange so I have boycotted it since!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:09 am
I've never had a problem with Argos but yesterday I was walking past when a nice young store assistant asked if I wanted the new catalogue and passed me it in a carrier bag, I took it as I like to have one in the house. I thought it was heavy and when I looked there were two in there and so I took one back and was treated as though I was trying to take something back for a refund out of warranty! When I looked there were lots of carrier bags all packed with two catalogues, what a waste of paper, I'm sure lots of people would have taken them and dumped one straightaway!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:08 am
Same thing happened to me as well Lesley! We went to get a Wii fit from there and I told hubby to get a new catalogue. He handed me the bag and my arm was nearly on the floor it was so heavy! Once we realised that there were two in there it went back and we just picked up a single book.

Can't see the point behind it.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:36 pm
I hate Argos - chimps could do a better job than the staff in our local store! I bought our Wii Fit in there, but only because I had vouchers.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:47 pm
Same here. We had some Love2shop vouchers and it took three members of staff to make a decision as to whether we could use them or not as two of them didn't say Argos on them!
Bob Marley.
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “money saving tips”