Pot luck?

5 posts Page 1 of 1

TonyF

Post by TonyF » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:24 am
As my time to seek a remortgage is nearly upon me, I was wondering whether it's just a matter of pot luck who you go to? I suppose I would go to my current mortgage lender (though as they are unaware of the IVA I'd be a bit concerned about their reaction) plus I have to obtain two more. I suppose it's better for me if I don't get saddled with another 10 years of additional mortgage, not if an additional 12 months of IVA will clear all debts for me. Just wondering, can it all be done on-line or do you have to go to these mortgage brokers?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:04 pm
Different IP's do have different requirements: some will accept an online quote refusal, others won't! So I guess it is a matter of pot luck as to who you approach, having clarified with your IP whether online refusals will do.

Your current lender will probably have been notified of your IVA at the beginning, but check this with your IP, if you are wary about upsetting the apple cart there.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:52 pm
I needed two refusals and contacted my mortgage provider, (building society) and current account bank by phone. Both are aware of my IVA and I received a letter from each declining me.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:01 pm
Luke, as Foggy says, your current provider will have been notified of your IVA and that is usually a good starting point for a refusal. Your IP has to inform all secured lenders.

Just try another couple of mortgage lenders and ask them to let you have a refusal in writing.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:19 pm
All the best, Ryan may be able to help you he posts on the forum and can be found in the experts link.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “equity release”