PPI Claims Broker

2 posts Page 1 of 1

oskiee6

Post by oskiee6 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:56 pm
My IVA company keep sending me a form to complete for PPI claims on my creditors to a claims broker. As I am not owed PPI I didnt bother to complete it. Now they have sent me another letter telling me that the broker will contact me (do they know something I dont?). I phoned my IVA company to get some advice and they said its in my interest and I could get some money. I am confused! If by any chance they do find an old PPI payment wont my IVA take it? Also if its one of my creditors wont they refuse to pay it? Has anyone else had this experience?
Last edited by oskiee6 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oskiee

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:29 pm
You are right - you won't get the money it will be paid into the IVA pot.

If you do not think you ever took out PPI - then write to them telling them this. If you did and you feel it could have been mis-sold, you should fill out the form. It will increase the dividend to creditors and is treated as an asset available to the IVA.

The one thing I would say is we received a £4000 refund from HSBC (that I had started reclaiming prior to the IVA). Of course this was paid to our IP which I fully understood, but it helped us get a full and final offer accepted so it can work in our favour.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”