PPI Clarification

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Rick71

Post by Rick71 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:34 pm
A year or so ago I posted elsewhere on this forum about my own PPI claims and how my having an IVA affected them. Other members had had somewhat different experiences and there were a variety of opinions on who gets what, how much you do/don’t get to keep, differing attitudes of IPs etc.

Yesterday I received a letter from my IP (Freeman Jones in Manchester), which they’ve sent to all their clients clarifying the position on PPI claims for people with IVAs. I post it here in the hope that it’s of some help for other members going through the PPI claim process, which I know from experience can be a real headache if you have an IVA, especially if, as I did, you find yourself dealing with bank staff with little or no knowledge of what an IVA is, let alone how it affects a PPI claim.

Of course, this may all be completely obvious, so apologies if I’m covering old ground here. But I hope it’s of some assistance.

For some reason the second page comes up sideways, which I can't rectify, so apologies for that!

IVA? Best financial decision I ever made.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:22 pm
Dear Rick.71

Thank you for the post and you are quite right that PPI is still affecting many people in IVAs.

This letter is specific to you and your IVA. How PPI is treated within an IVA depends on the terms of the IVA agreement, as well as people’s individual circumstances. We’ve written to a great many Freeman Jones customers about the treatment of PPI in their case – but there are several different letters. I’d urge people not to assume that the way PPI is treated in your case is the way it would be treated in their IVA.

If we can help with anything further please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:44 pm
Hi Sarah --- whilst I appreciate that all cases are different to some degree, it is still very refreshing to see a company taking the time and trouble to actually keep their clients informed. Well Done Freeman Jones.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Rick71

Post by Rick71 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:52 pm
Thanks for providing further clarification, Sarah. Much appreciated. It looks very much like a standard letter, but if there are several different letters, I'm glad you've made that clear - I wouldn't want to be responsible for misleading anyone. And I echo Foggy's sentiment - I'm glad Freeman Jones have taken the time to do this. I've come across some less than encouraging tales of other IPs not being particularly helpful, so this is a positive step.

Oh, and page 2 is now the right way up! :-)
IVA? Best financial decision I ever made.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Payment Protection”