PPI - Creditors Meeting

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Theendisnear

Post by Theendisnear » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:24 am
Hi guys, i had my IVA signed off for completion in January 2013, however due to the ongoing PPI claims that have been bouncing around (2 years) all the PPI claims have not been completed. In order to get my completion certificate my supervisor is arranging a meeting so my creditors to agree to issue the certificate but allowing him full authority to continue the PPI claims and distribute any money. Is this something the creditors are likely to say no to. As it's been dragging on so long and the PPI company seem to be incompetent after sending the same forms and new forms despite all the PPI paperwork being competed 2 years ago. I just want the cc so I can finally move on with my life!!
Knock me down and I will get up stronger!!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:23 am
All other aspects of the IVA being met I would imagine there is every chance that the creditors will agree to this proposal. It is not in anyone's interests to keep an IVA running after the final payments have been made. That said I will add the caveat that creditors do sometimes make surprising decisions !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Theendisnear

Post by Theendisnear » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:12 am
Why is this PPI think such a hassle - its been made worse by the PPI company losing paperwork and being generally incompetent that its dragged on, I know that for some the process has been longer than a year but why are we made to suffer longer when we've chosen the route to pay the debts off, achieved that and then have to battle to get the CC.... Sorry rant over just want to start enjoying my life without feeling like the debt millstone is still haunting me,

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:24 am
I know exactly what you mean, Theendisnear. Many companies are managing to carry on and close cases with PPI running, some just seem to prefer the harder route, with little concern for the effect this has on their captive clientele.

It is also interesting to note that it appears that the companies who are making a meal out of PPI are also the ones who seemed hell bent on contracting the services of inept claims companies! Just an observation ......
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Theendisnear

Post by Theendisnear » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:24 pm
Well today was the final part - all the creditors have agreed to my supervisor taking on any outstanding PPI claims so I will finally be getting my completion certificate. It's been a long 12 months from the final agreement of the completion to the final agreement of the completion certificate. At least I can hold my head up and say I've achieved what I wanted to do and that was pay off my debts. :)

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:30 pm
That's fab news. Well done!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Payment Protection”