PPI Distribution

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Shakey000

Post by Shakey000 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:40 am
First post,
IVA started with Grant Thornton then Aperture
Can anyone shed any light on how long these IVA companies get to give you a hard copy of where all your PPI successful claims have been redistributed.
Background.
My wife and I had IVA completion dated July 2012. Full and final cash settlement to. Grant Thornton. I did receive paperwork and certification for this with final figure of how and where monies had been paid.
We thought this was the end , but then The dreaded PPI came. GT received 2 cheques total approximately £14.000.
My account was then moved to Aperture ( same address as GT). They received cheques total approximately £25.000.
EIC who was dealing with PPI claims sent letter to Aperture and myself explaining they had exhausted all claims against myself and as far as they were concerned case was closed.
After communicating with Aperture on several occasions, and been given different answers they said nothing would be done until PPI cut off date 2019.
With my full and final settlement and the total of PPI comes to nearly double what my original debt was.
It’s not I’m expecting anything back if I do it will be a bonus.
But surely I have the right to know that my money has gone to the right people
Tks for reading .
Shakeyooo

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:09 am
I agree with you entirely ! There has, so far, been no mention of anybody getting revised completion statements after PPI distrribution and I feel that these should be mandatory !

I suspect, in some cases at least that the PPI refunds have not been fully distributed and, it is not right that these funds reside with the IP or his/her firm.

I would formally demand an account, followed by a formal complaint to their regulators if not forthcoming. Maybe a complaint to your MP could also be passed to the Insolvency Service.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shakey000

Post by Shakey000 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:07 am
Thank you Foggy,
Extremely useful reply, i shall begin compiling my paperwork now.......
We shall keep you informed of any future developments
Thanks again
Shakey000

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:41 pm
From Aperture Trust's site: https://apertureiva.com/debt-solutions/ ... trust-faqs

When will I receive a Receipts and Payments Account of the funds which have been received and paid out of my PIVAT trust?
It is proposed that where there have been realisations and distributions during the year, that a summary of the trustee’s receipts and payments account will be sent to the IVA creditors and to the former debtor on an annual basis.
Where there are no recoveries or payments, no summary account will be circulated, as there will be nothing to report.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

IVA info

Post by IVA info » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:50 pm
Hello Shakey,

I have seen this in the past and it can be fraud if your PPI money has not gone to your estate, also if your IVA was paid off in full (100p in £) then any left over will be yours, so it is worth finding out.

You can do this yourself by asking for the completion cert with the final financial breakdown and you can see where the monies have gone.

Or there is now a legal practice taking on cases like this ***Link removed by moderator - no advertising allowed**** I am aware you are not alone.

If you do it your self and find wrong doing then you can complain to the insolvency service who will look into this.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

Hope above helps and get back what is yours
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Complaints procedure”