PPI / DRSP / Cleardebt

2 posts Page 1 of 1

CeeBJay

Post by CeeBJay » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 pm
Hi guys, Is anyone having any progress in their PPI cases with DRSP/Cleardebt?

I'm still waiting but I did receive a very interesting letter from one of my creditors, Apparently I'm owed 2000 pounds! There's a acceptance form at the end of the letter and it does say If I accept the monies must be paid into my IVA. I don't think I should sign it though as it says the amount is payable to me personally.

Has anyone heard from DRSP recently and if so how long has the whole thing taken for you?

On a wistful note, I proper wish I had been able to pay my debts without the IVA, I'd be rolling in it now, oh well lol!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 am
The amount is payable to you personally, as it is your asset which is being pursued, unless you have assigned your right to that asset to the IVA Supervisor. However, if your IVA is one of the "all assets" variety, or if it specifically includes the PPI money as a specific asset, then you are obliged to hand it over to the Supervisor for the benefit of your creditors. As a practicality, most creditors prefer to send the cheque directly to the IP acting to ensure that it ultimately ends up in the right hands.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Payment Protection”