PPI Refund After IVA Ended

4 posts Page 1 of 1

trapped77

Post by trapped77 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:34 pm
Hi, I'm a little confused and hoping someone may be able to advise me please [:)]

We ended our IVA early with a f&f settlement in October 2012. Whilst awaiting the completion certificate we were asked by our IP to let a company called EIC investigate any claims for PPI. We were not aware of ever taking any and were under the impression that it may hold up us receiving our certificate so we signed the forms to agree to let them investigate.

We finally received our completion certificate almost a year later (Sept 2013). We have now received letters from RBS offering a refund of PPI . I contacted our IP as even though the IVA has ended the claim was made whilst it was live so not sure where we stand. Our IP says any PPI money must still be paid to the IVA. The RBS think the payment should go directly to us and not the IP?

Am just worried as I do not want to spend it and then be told it should have gone to the IVA...and also surely EIC who investigated it will want a percentage? Very confused[?] Unsure who to talk to for advice [:(] Thanks
Last edited by trapped77 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:14 pm
You have a completion certificate so not a lot your ip can do in my opinion. The worst that can happen is rbs will offset any claim against any debt they had to write off from your iva.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:40 am
I got my CC in november last year but I still have PPI money waiting to go in to my iva from santander I was told by GT last week I would get the interest on it.The EIC are also dealing with my PPI.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

trapped77

Post by trapped77 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:44 am
Thank you both for your replies.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Payment Protection”