Preganancy & IVA

7 posts Page 1 of 1

natnat

Post by natnat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:42 pm
I have just found out that I am 7 weeks preganant.

I have currently paid into my IVA for 2 years and will not be able to afford the repayments going forward.

I have £9000 left ot pay and was thinking of offering them £2000 as finaly settlement my brother will lend me this.

If they do not except it then I will go Bankrupt will the judge make me do another IVA in my circumstances ?

sjw

Post by sjw » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:04 pm
i just want to say congratulations on the baby, sue x

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:34 pm
Congratulations and I'm sure an expert will be able to answer your question soon, hang in there. v.w
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

pixie

Post by pixie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:23 pm
Hi natnat

Congratulations! Have you spoken to your IP about this? They may be able to vary the IVA whilst you are out of work. It would be a shame to go BR now. F&f's are usually based on the number of months left x monthly payment less remaining fees. Obviously there are a lot of variables within this! Your IP would be able to give you a figure.
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:51 pm
If you have no assets which would be at risk under bankruptcy proceedings, and can see no way of keeping up with payments once your baby is born, by all means make the offer, but if it is refused I suggest you borrow £500 and file for bankruptcy. You and your little one need a fresh start that is not hampered by unaffordable debt repayments.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

natnat

Post by natnat » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:04 am
Thanks for all the Advise Melanie and everyone else.

I have no assets and I am in private rental which I will not be able to afford either once the baby is here.

I have one other question - I have finance on a car and would like this put into the Bankruptcy how would I go about this as this is another £164 for the next 2 years.

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:13 am
natnat, congratulations! Hope all goes well for you x
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bankruptcy may be the best option”