Prepaid envelopes and junk mail

59 posts Page 3 of 4

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 am
That's a bit harsh Angleparkin - I think saying people have empty and desolate lives is quite offensive, especially as you don't know them.

Like Jan I also get things I never signed up for, and I get an awful lot of junk advertising.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:32 am
What I also find is that we get junk mail just addressed to 'The Occupier' or not even with that in it, which the postie delivers off his own bat. I get sick of those. I certainly didn't sign up for that!

Totally agree that it was an uncalled for and offensive remark.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 am
And I didn't ask every pizza place or Indian or Chinese restaurant to send me their menus!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:38 am
Me neither!

I believe that these 'extra' pieces of junk mail are ones that the postie's get paid extra for delivering.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Angleparkinn

Post by Angleparkinn » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:24 pm
This message as originally posted does not comply with the ethical practice of this forum and has therefore been deleted.
Please see
http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19592

admin
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.
3/60

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:33 pm
You're very judgemental - you're not a postie by any chance are you?!?

This was light hearted chat at the start, maybe you shouldn't take it to heart.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:13 pm
I quite agree Skippy.

It was lighthearted and was not meant as a personal affront to anyone.
Bob Marley.

missfit

Post by missfit » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:24 pm
hi guys
just reading the above posts from angleparkinn.and find them also quite judgemental and offensive, i know that people are entitled to their own opinions but is there any need to be so rude with it,

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Angleparkinn wrote:

Q>Why do postmen/women deliver so much junk through my letterbox? Surely I am entitled to be surly and indifferent to them for having the effrontery to deliver so much useless, printed material to me?

A>Contrary to popular belief, your postman does not take perverse pleasure from carrying around hundreds of kilos of clothing catalogues or mobile phone brochures. You only receive these because, at some point in your empty and desolate life, you have ticked the box that says “I agree to be sent loads of rubbish through the post. Please pass on my address to anyone else who’d like to send me loads of worthless **** as the more junkmail I receive makes me feel incredibly popular.”
Thankyou for your efforts in adding to the thread which I started. I am registered with the mailing service thankyou for asking but still manage a fair share of utter junk landing on my doorstep. My life is pretty full and I dont consider myself a "saddo".

This forum is about support,a bit of light hearted banter,tears,joy and everything else that comes with being in debt/getting out of debt etc. If you cannot manage to offer anything of any use why not just move along please.[:D]
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Angleparkinn

Post by Angleparkinn » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:43 pm
I don't think it is necessary to post any links Angleparkin, you have spoiled what was a lighthearted thread.
Last edited by Angleparkinn on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.
3/60

wen

Post by wen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:19 pm
Royal Mail are paid a fair whack for getting the posties to deliver that 'junk', so while it makes RM a profit it'll keep coming i'm afraid!!
Please visit my blog http://adam.blogs.iva.co.uk/

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:58 am
Aye but its not so much royal mail I was hitting out at its the companies that send the junk,they have to pay the postage if the pre paid envelope is used,hence the idea of sending the junk mail senders something back in the post!!!(namely junk!!)
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:18 am
Half the time our junk doesn't even get opened - I just rip it in half and it goes in the recycling bag.

We had a load of the flyers and 'The Occupier' stuff yesterday.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:55 pm
Do you know I welcome junk mail now, no longer getting hassle from creditors etc., the postman hardly ever comes and when he does I tend to read the junk! If I don't want it I don't open it and write on it 'no longer at this address, please remove from your database' and post it back to them.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

ronhicks

Post by ronhicks » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:20 am
plasticdaft wrote:

Whoever it was on here who suggested sending things to companies that send you junk mail is an absolute genious.
This morning I received my 3rd letter of the week from provident financial offering me another loan at 189.2%APR. In their prepaid envelope I sent them a charity clothes bag(the ones that drop on your doormat like cluster bombs),a token for 10% off dog shampooing at the local groomers,an advert for pizzahut's lunchtime menu,and a cash receipt from my local sainsbury's for petrol.
I wonder what I could send them next,any ideas welcome!!!

Haha hilarious :D I probably wouldn't even bother sending them anything back, I just open them, read, giggle or laugh, and then chuck 'em in the bin :D But sending random stuff back to them is genious! I don't get those kinds of offers but dodgy letters about lottery, heh maybe ill send them some expired coupons.
59 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “talking about ...”