presents and IVA'S

56 posts Page 1 of 4

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:30 pm
My IVA has only just been accepted.I have not as yet made the first payment and I've only felt very panicky and anxious from the outset. however, I just want to share with someone how good I just felt when I bought some xmas presssies. They were not expensive but I paid for them. Properly. I could afford them and I paid without a credit card.My stomach wasn't in my mouth and it felt very positive.Thanks for listening. cat1[:p]

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Excllent post Cat. Thanks for sharing your positive thoughts. All the best with everything in the future.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

bagpuss

Post by bagpuss » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:34 pm
ahhhh...its a great feeling isnt. Something only people like us can describe.

Angie xx

My IVA Story......http://bagpuss.blogs.iva.co.uk/2007/09/ ... iva-story/

whichwaynow

Post by whichwaynow » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:09 pm
Its strange but who do you think will be happier after Chirstmas. Those who have brought large presents and run up large CC bills or those of us who now live within our means.
IVA completed

mike.s

Post by mike.s » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:28 pm
Spot on! For so long now I have pretty much lived my life on credit cards. Head firmly in sand, beleiving that I have to give my family everything I can. But now head is totally out of that sand box, I completely realise that those big presents are purely material things and will not bring the happiness you think they will. Being together as a family and having what you can afford is really all that matters. Whichway now is so right, although I love Christmas I have spent many a Christmas worried sick about how I'm going to pay for the things I've bought for my family. Buying things with credit cards will not bring you happiness only misery and worry in the long term. A real happy Christmas? Being with your family and knowing you have paid for whatever you have with your own money, even if you don't have much, if your got your family you have everything you need for a perfect Christmas, without the worry of how you're going to pay for it.
Best wishes
Mike

Ally

Post by Ally » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:37 pm
my husband and i are just into our 4th iva payment and i absolutley agree with you guys we are gettin sooo much satisfaction with buying small presents for our children with cash this year instead of chucking in onplastic and spending most of the festive season worrying about how we going to pay it back
Best wishes
Ally

a jenkins
a jenkins

aguise

Post by aguise » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:04 pm
My second xmas in an iva and now I look forward to it, no bills to face after. I am quite enjoying looking for pressies, scouring the internet for the cheapest places and looking for things more personal than I used to, because I cant spend so much i am trying to think of something small they would really like.
Another point the expensive stuff is not always what the kids enjoy. I bought some play doh from poundland for my grandchildren thinking it would amuse them for ten minutes. I got it weeks ago and the first thing they want is the playdoh when they get here, and their age diffrence is 2 and the other 10 and they absolutely love it.

Ang

Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

jjs

Post by jjs » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:26 pm
I couldn't agree more with you guys. This is my first Christmas and I am actually looking forward to it. I have no cc worries and it feels great.

JJS

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:32 pm
Makes me think about each and every penny I spend now, no more spending without thinking....
I never used to stop and think before buying if I really needed it, but now I do and only buy if I really need it.

If I was asked to list what I spent all my debt on I would struggle....thats a bit frightening considering it was £46K and I have nothing to show for it....
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

cul8tr

Post by cul8tr » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:57 pm
I no longer purchase products using plastic (debit card) - but handing over hard cash is a great feeling and does make you think twice.

This is my third christmas - I have no worries when it comes to presents, most of my shopping is done on-line great bargains to be found on auction sites and I just love those three for two's or buy one get one free.

Well done Cat.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:40 am
Hi
For the first time ever we have been buying one present each week[since 6 weeks ago].There are many bargains at this time year
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:03 am
Thats what I have been doing getting one or two a week and managing to not pay the full price for anything yet,half price pushchair and a baby born doll for the little grangaughterjust by looking for a few days saved over £22. Thats her done. I've not bought all over the net but found where to get them the cheapest place and on offer.

Ang

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:11 am
Morning. The other thing I've done is use my Tesco vouchers to buy a magazine subscription for my husband as a present. It cost £12 in vouchers so I won't even miss it and he can have a pressie every month to read. I'm really seeing this as a challenge. Six years ahead of me though does still feel a very long time....but the reality is I would have run out of credit very soon even if I hadn't entered an IVA. CAT 1

cr15py

Post by cr15py » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:20 pm
I have worked out by budget for this Christmas - worked out how much I can afford to spend on each of my nieces and nephews, we have a rule in our family that you buy for the kids, not the parents - so that takes a bit of pressure off. My Tesco vouchers will buy my Mum some chocolates and my Dad a bottle of whisky - and then spending Christmas with my family will make it all worthwhile. It is the little things that make Christmas for me. I would much rather have no presents and spend Christmas with my family than have hundreds of presents and be away from my family.
Chris
Visit my blog at http://cr15py.blogs.iva.co.uk
16 down, 44 to go!!

R1chard

Post by R1chard » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:45 pm
most of my presents for family will be boots 3 for 2 offers...

ive gopt quite a few of them now - like you said, feels good to be buying them with "real money"

57 PAYMENTS TO GO..
lots of payments to go.
56 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”