Previous Creditors

9 posts Page 1 of 1

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:45 pm
I'm trying to open a savings account and I was just wondering when I could possibly try with one of our creditors?? Would I have to wait until I'm discharged?
The only reason I'm asking is that the Halifax keeps getting mentioned but they are one of our creditors. [:(]
xx
It's nice to be back......

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:49 pm
As long as the particular creditor is happy to give you an account you can apply for one with any of your creditors now that your IVA is accepted.
Best Regards
Oliver

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:49 pm
I was advised not to open any accounts with any of my creditors. Do you have a current account with anyone? Perhaps they do a savings account?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:51 pm
Chris has got the same problem as me I think - although we have Co-op Cashminder accounts they won't open a savings account for some reason.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:53 pm
We're not in an IVA, both me and hubby filed br in feb this year. I tried with the co-op, we have the cashminder account with them but were declined. I've applied with Tesco earlier today and was 'accepted in principal' which I know means it's not a definate acceptance. I don't have a lot to save, just want to try to put a bit to one side incase of emergencies......
xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:54 pm
We're with Nationwide and have a basic cash card account. As far as I can tell from my internet banking, I can set up an esavings account if I want. I've not tried so don't know if they would allow me. Our account was opened before we went IVA.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:58 pm
I tried applying again to the Co-op when I was discharged, but they still won't give me an account! I'm hoping that Sainsburys will! I have a Nationwide account and an e savings account with that, but I don't really use the Nationwide account any more.

Good luck with Tesco Chris!

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:58 pm
It's really frustrating isn't it Skippy? They let you pay bills and set up D/D's etc but won't give you an account to save your money..... It's been mentioned they may be wary incase br's try to hide cash from the OR.....as if I'd be daft enough to put me £millions in there.....it's fluffing out the matress too much!!!!!! lol [:D]
xx
Last edited by chris.g on Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:01 pm
Exactly! They actually told me to apply again when I was discharged and still wouldn't do it - so much for being ethical! I was going to argue with them and see how high I had to go for an answer, but decided not to in case the closed my Cashminder account!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”