probably in wrong section but ...

4 posts Page 1 of 1

dok

Post by dok » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:16 pm
Probably in the wrong section but I am unsure where else to post this !

I lost my job in september due to redundancy , found a new job which lasted 1 day !
Told my IP about all this and they were fine . got my redundancy payout and was advised on how much of it I could use .
No problems so far except I got a new job which was all I wanted a couple of weeks ago and told my IP the same . Same wage as before doing same job . 1 week in I have worked out I am spending £60/ week getting there ! The icing on the cake is they want me to transfer to another branch which is 30 miles from my place of employment now . On the motorways that is about 40 minutes extra at either end of the day . I am already getting up at 5 am and getting home at 18:30 pm .
I told the place I work at to stick it as it was stupid hours to work .
The question is I will be phoning my IP in the ext day or so and need to tell them this .
How will they react to me leaving a source of income ?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:18 am
Hi Dok -- I would hope that they will react sympathetically --- this job is no good to anyone if, in a few months time, your health goes south due to the pressures.

Best of luck.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:07 am
Let them know about any increased travel costs too.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

dok

Post by dok » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:18 pm
Thanks both . I was concerned they would be peeved that I had given up a source of income and would cancel the IVA .
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how are you coping?”