Problems getting Experian to update records

6 posts Page 1 of 1

bjhcar

Post by bjhcar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:03 pm
I'm hoping someone here can help me. I completed my IVA in November 2010, and I have now reached the six year anniversary. I wrote to all the CRAs in April giving them a copy of the certificate of completion. Equifax and Call Credit have duly removed my IVA, but Experian are causing major problems. They are saying that although I have Supplied them with proof of completion, they need proof from the Insolvency Service. They have said that they wrote to the IS in April asking for it but it would appear that no one has bothered to chase this info in 7 months. I am absolutely furious! My other credit refs are now totally clean, and I am just about to apply for a mortgage, but Experian are being completely unhelpful and even quite rude on the phone. They refuse to remove the IVA without this confirmation from the IS. Can anyone help me with how to deal with them? Are they right inwhat they say? If so, how come the other CRAs don't seem to have had this problem?

Thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:10 pm
Hi, sorry you seem to be having so much trouble. It should drop off automatically at the end of the six years as far as I was aware.

You could try writing to them with a copy of your completion letter, or speak to is yourself to see if they can assist.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

orange

Post by orange » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:45 pm
why on earth they cant all be on one report i dont know ! money making scam !!! should be free its about you anyway ...
completed july 2011

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:04 pm
The Matrix is very knowledgeable and may be able to give you some advice if you hang around. Welcome to the forum by the way. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

mattyboy

Post by mattyboy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:05 pm
I think you need to send a threatening letter, they have a legal obligation under the data protection act to ensure they correct the data as its out of date. Maybe threaten them wih a complaint to the ICO
"Just when you think that you can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends."

YipeeFreeatLast

Post by YipeeFreeatLast » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:29 pm
Hi there,

They were exactly the same with me, and sent me on a bit of a run around. I eventually lost my temper and wrote to them stating the following -

"My IVA was completed on the 13 July, 2011, and if this is not marked as satisfied, it will not drop off my credit file in November, therefore, I must advise you that should this remain marked as incomplete on the 31st August, 2011 I will have no option than to complain to the Commissioner for Information and/or the Financial Ombudsman."

Needless to say, it was updated within the timescale I had set out. I gave them just over two weeks. It worked for me, so its worth a try, good luck
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”