Proposal

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Aisha

Post by Aisha » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:34 pm
Hello just been reading over my proposal and have come across this section. I dont really understand what it means. Does it mean i will have to get a remortgage for that sum?

I undertake to introduce a lump sum payment of £-17,880 into my arrangement that being the proceeds from the remortgage of my property, payments will be made before the completion of the arrangement.

If anyone would help please, i am worried i will have to remortgage. I cant speak to my company until the morning and i am stressing out.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:03 am
First -- is this actually entered as a minus figure ? Are you currently in negative equity. Second: Regardless of that I would not agree to an IVA with that clause in it. Considering that no-one can predict what will happen to property prices or your ability to raise any equity at all, it is wholly unreasonable.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Aisha

Post by Aisha » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:10 am
Thanks for the reply

Yes it is entered as a minus figure at the moment i have just over £7000 of equity in my property as it is a joint property. So i was really confused when i come across that yesterday.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 am
I agree with Foggy - I'd seriously consider going to a different company or get them to take that clause out.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:31 am
I am surprised if this is McCD. Strikes me as an odd clause to insert. Hopefully they can explain / justify it. I would be interested to know.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Aisha

Post by Aisha » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 am
Thank you for your replies.
Yes it was McCd, i have just spoken to them and they have explained it to me. It was entered incorrectly and they will be sending out a new adjusted proposal today without that clause. Feel alot better now :D

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:43 am
Aisha wrote:
Thank you for your replies.
Yes it was McCd, i have just spoken to them and they have explained it to me. It was entered incorrectly and they will be sending out a new adjusted proposal today without that clause. Feel alot better now :D
Good news -- pity it happened, but we are all human. Communication is key and saves the day yet again :-)
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”