Provisional rejection

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

clare413

Post by clare413 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:16 am
Hi my IP has just presented my IIVA the creditors have given a provisional rejection because they want to know we will pay when our children reach 18 and child tax credit and child benefit end which will be in 2years time I also have other benefits is this usual will they accept my IVA

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:08 am
I have to say that I have not come across this particular conundrum before. Hopefully someone else can come along with a more useful reply.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:59 am
I've not known that either.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Keith White

Industry Expert

Post by Keith White » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:39 pm
I have heard of this before - a creditor being over-cautious thinking that maybe the IVA would fail part way through as income level drops. In my experience, once the debtor has assured the IP/creditor that they will manage to maintain payments even in the changing circumstances, then it tends to go through. I think on one occasion the debtor was able to provide details of a family member who would guarantee continued payments.
Keith White, IVA advisor at iva.com
Contact me at http://www.iva.com/about-us/keith-white

bowline

Post by bowline » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 pm
What is your answer to the question about how you will manage? It’s a good question to ask, better find out now than sign up and find you have big problems in a couple of years. Too many IVAs fail then you are left back with the debts after 2 stressful years for nothing.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”