Public Audit Bureau

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
21 posts Page 2 of 2

julieannas

Post by julieannas » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:57 pm
I also received a letter today, dated 15th Feb. I searched for the website and scam adviser.com came up with some information. The website was registered 219 days ago and is owned by Paul McCann, 90 Harvey St, Manchester, M11 1AU. He goes on to say that this website is registered in this country, however, it does have affiliations with other countries. It goes on to say that this is typical of fraudulent websites and to take care. Well we know this, but what should we do. How did this man get our details anyway? These iva's just don't go away, do they? Who should we report this to?.

julieannas

Post by julieannas » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:59 pm
That's Harley street, damn predictive text.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:04 pm
That's not actually the company - it is in Gloucestershire (allegedly) nothing to do with Harley Street and as far as I can see there is no website.

It's total rubbish and the letter should be binned.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

julieannas

Post by julieannas » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:55 pm
Not quite sure what you mean about it not being the company Kallis3, I don't think I said it was. The company website is supposedly registered and owned by Paul McCann, that's according to scamadviser.com. Yes, I will be binning the letter, it's just frustrating that we seem to be powerless to do anything.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:00 pm
Sorry if I was wrong - the letter I had was from a company supposedly in Cheltenham and I cannot find a website for it at all - best binned as i did with mine. What I meant was that it is nothing to do with Harley Street (presuming you meant the posh doctors in London!)
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:04 pm
As regards them getting details - everytime you put something down address wise they will get the details, same with phone numbers so they will both pester you!
Bob Marley.
21 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”