Puppies

35 posts Page 1 of 3

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:06 pm
A crafting friend of mine has two puppies from a litter of 6 that she is trying to find very good homes for. I know this is money spending, but I know some people do like to buy pedigree pups. If nothing else, take a look at the link and the info about them. They are gorgeous.

http://manchester.gumtree.com/mancheste ... 04930.html

Hope it is ok to post this on here. xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:10 pm
I wish Karin!

Got three dogs myself so couldn't do anymore if I wanted! You will meet them when you come to FF!

They are sweet though.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:18 pm
They look gorgeous Karin but not in the market for a dog at the moment
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:19 pm
They're sweet but there's no way I could have a dog at the moment. Hopefully one day we will, but then it'll be a rescue dog, preferably a scruffy mongrel.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:21 pm
They are just the right size for me to interact with Topsy (you will meet her!) but we just couldn't do another one.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:44 am
Not for me either I like a bigger dog and my next dog will hopefully be a border collie.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:34 am
Awww I hope they go to good homes , we may get another Doberman in a couple of years.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:20 pm
Can I just appeal to anyone who's thinking of getting a dog or cat to consider giving a rescue animal a 'forever home'? There are so many of them out there who deserve a second chance.

All of the animals I've had over the years have been rescued, and I love knowing they finally have a loving home.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:28 pm
My three dogs are all rescue and when they go to the big kennel in the sky then replacements will be rescue as well.
Bob Marley.

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:25 pm
Lesley-we bought two border collies from a farm 11 years ago-beautiful dogs and still like puppies-always wanting to play but very well-behaved.
Farmers tend to sell them really cheap because otherwise they are surplus to requirements.
Mine are brothers and almost identical-only close family can tell the difference between them !!!!
Also there are a large number of rescue collies available as people who buy them often dont realise the exercise and attention that they need. Wouldnt even consider any other breed now !!!
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:46 pm
Couldn't do a collie as we don't have the time or health to devote to them.

I will consider any breed that needs rescuing.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:00 pm
If we were getting a dog I'd consider any breed, although I would prefer a mongrel. I'd also go for a slightly older dog as they are usually overlooked as people tend to want puppies.

Having a puppy or kitten has never appealed to me, although if one needed a home from a rescue I would consider it - I'd never buy one from a breeder.

When we phoned the charity to enquire about Harry they couldn't get round quick enough to do the home check when I said we didn't really want a kitten.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:03 pm
Only Topsy was a young dog - she was eight months old. Lloyd and Suzie were both older dogs.

I'll look at anything when any of them pass on.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:03 pm
I had a rescue collie years ago, lots of exercise needed but very loving. now we have a Doberman and he needs loads of exercising and is super loving, also is fantastic around children, wouldn't consider another breed now- all about personal choice though.

When I say he needs exercise, he decided he didn't want a walk this morning and point blank refused to leave the house! Think he fancied a lie in lol...he's sinced been out for 2 hours!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:24 pm
Dobby is gorgeous Julie, I'd love to meet him.

My three have to be walked twice a day and it doesn't matter what the weather is like the body clock is set and they won't rest until they have been!

We are both getting too old now for something like a border collie. I think the next dogs will be small ones.
Bob Marley.
35 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “pets corner”