Question for David Mond re clearcash

56 posts Page 3 of 4

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Fri May 15, 2009 7:30 pm
thanks for this David.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri May 15, 2009 7:30 pm
I've got my main account with Nationwide Jan and I agree they are really good, although their customer service isn't as good as the Co-op!

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sun May 24, 2009 6:19 pm
The ClearCash icount really takes into account the many needs people are looking for in a contemporary financial solution.

ClearCash enables clients to manage their money intelligently and with as many tools as possible.

Just some of the benefits ClearCash offers are outlined below:

Standing order facility

Bill payment facility

Cashback/Discount retail site with over 1,000 online stores including Tesco, Debenhams, Dixons and HMV

Contact with the ClearCash team available by telephone, email, SMS text and livechat

Balance available by text anyplace, anytime, anyday

Loading of the card can be done via bank transfer, PayPoint and the PostOffice

A unique budgeting tool (the first of it's kind to be offered in this format) will be available with ClearCash and enable clients to manage and assess exactly how and where they are spending their money.

Purchase Protection will also be available with ClearCash and in such a turbulent market, we believe many clients will enjoy this peace of mind

ClearCash will continually be developed and I welcome any feedback or ideas people have on how this product can be extended to further cater for debtors needs.

ClearCash will be available next week, but should you want to get any more information, please contact a member of the ClearCash team.
Last edited by David Mond on Sun May 24, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:38 pm
Have to say David that for me personally, the Secure Trust card has the edge.

Not that I will be changing from my normal bank.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 24, 2009 6:43 pm
I would be interested in an account like one of theses. Jan why do you think the secure trust card has the edge as the only difference I can see is the monthly fee which is £2.50 more than the clearcash. The reason I ask is I would like to know the benefits and negatives of all options.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:47 pm
You can pay in at any high street bank and it does direct debits as well as Standing Orders.

It is a matter of personal choice.

I'm happy with my bank account and my prepaid card so I won't be doing either.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 24, 2009 6:48 pm
I think we are comparing apples and pears here. The ClearCash card, so far as I understand, is a pre-paid card with no underlying current account facility, but the Secure Trust account is a dedicated current account with a pre-paid card facility built in on top, together with all features of a normal current account such as the ability to pay direct debits and manage the account using internet and telephone banking.

I am not sure it is fair to compare the two as they are clearly different products.
Last edited by MelanieGiles on Sun May 24, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 24, 2009 6:49 pm
I thought the clearcash did direct debits as well although David hasn't listed it above. Hopefully David will confirm.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 24, 2009 6:51 pm
It does not, so far as I am aware. And I am not sure it offers internet banking either, but hopefully David can confirm that as well.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:54 pm
It doesn't do Direct Debits. He did say that you can find your balance out by text. I don't think it does internet banking.
Bob Marley.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 24, 2009 7:21 pm
Just seen another post from David and no DD's at the moment. I have a nationwide account at the moment but no cheque book or debit card. I just want to be able to pay for my fuel without drawing cash out everytime. A monthly fee just for that facility may be not really worth it to be honest. The paypal card might be my best answer and stick with my nationwide account.

Max

Post by Max » Sun May 24, 2009 7:29 pm
I did read somewhere Paul that Nationwide can be flexible at times and that they give a debit card if the account has been satisfactorily handled for a time - time, though was not defined.

Max

Post by Max » Sun May 24, 2009 7:31 pm
PS The account Melanie is talking about seems to be ideal for those without non overdraft full current account facilities.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 24, 2009 7:34 pm
I have been with Nationwide for about 30 years. My mum works for one of thier agents and apparantly they ask now if you are in or ever have been in an IVA, so think my chances are slim of getting a debit card.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 24, 2009 7:35 pm
I've never asked to be upgraded - when we applied for our Nationwide account, we had good credit records, even thought they said there was something on there that they didn't like. I even phoned Experian and they said there was nothing untoward on the record.

We did keep the basic account, but after they refused to give us a debit card, we walked out of the branch, across the road to Barclays and 90 minutes later had a full bank account with debit card, cheque book and a credit card! Barclays told us we were at the top of their lending criteria!
Bob Marley.
56 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “talking about ...”