Question for David Mond re clearcash

56 posts Page 4 of 4

Max

Post by Max » Sun May 24, 2009 7:37 pm
The Dail Mail (I think) was clearly wrong then. What a shame - it really makes me cross when those in or have been in IVAs are somehow implied to be dishonest. The people on here seem clearly to me are damn sight more honest than many the banks are happy to have as customers.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 24, 2009 7:38 pm
I have always struggled with Nationwide, but because of the problems of going into the IVA I had to get rid of my lloyds tsb account. Went to every bank in my local town and couldn't get a basic account anywhere (probably as I wasn't on electoral register). Went to nationwide as last resort and they said no but I could use an account I had had with them for years which I thought I had closed, but it does the household bills.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

Max

Post by Max » Sun May 24, 2009 7:39 pm
Sorry Jan, but that did make me laugh - hope you don't take that the wrong way!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 24, 2009 7:39 pm
Couldn't agree more David.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Max

Post by Max » Sun May 24, 2009 7:43 pm
Thank goodness for that!

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon May 25, 2009 6:12 am
Melanie - I do agree that the Secure Trust card has many benefits and of the pre-paid cards available currently, is definitely one of the best.

ClearCash, also a MasterCard pre-paid, has been built on considering all elements of what is currently available, but has additional, unique benefits which demonstrate our understanding of the level of support which can be given to people using such cards.

With so much interest on iva.co.uk about the pre-paid cards available, would everyone here like us to organise an event during which we can debate the contents of pre-paid cards on the market and how they do/don't service clients to their best abilities?

The event could be in a neutral space, or even online to enable all forum members to log-on and particpate.

By the way Kallis13 it does offer Internet access and holders of the card can operate 24/7 their account.

Ivas4us- It does not offer Direct Debit facilities because of the cost of same, however users can pay anyone who has a bank account and can also set up regular payments to anyone.

It is cheaper than the Secure Trust card and can do whatever you can do with Secure Trust (who use an account and a card) by utilising its own one stop card. It also as indicated has many more valuable functions and the cashback and discount facilities should ensure that net of all expenditure it probably won't cost you anything (obviously depending on your spending patterns).

I believe this new and effective tool available on the market from this week onwards is going to help people who are struggling financially at what I consider to be a reasonable cost (which in the main can be re-couped). Its unique money management tool will be a godsend.
Last edited by David Mond on Mon May 25, 2009 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 25, 2009 7:19 am
I stand corrected on that point David - it's just that you had only mentioned text messages in a previous post.

Have to say that I wouldn't be interested in either an on or offline debate about prepaid cards.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon May 25, 2009 7:47 am
I think the issue will become more relevant when (and I mean when) banks begin to charge on current accounts. Also banks do charge presumably based on the number of cheques issued and monies deposited into the account.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon May 25, 2009 11:09 am
So far as I am concerned a simple comparison table on the site showing the features of each account is more than sufficent.

David - you are bound to be conflicted with regard to promoting the ClearCash card, and I think you have to be careful of that in your postings.

I am sure that the majority of our forum posters are intelligent people who can make their own minds up which product is going to be better for them in the long run.

I agree with your point on maintstream banking - and that is going to happen very soon in my opinion.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sjbyron

Post by sjbyron » Mon May 25, 2009 7:59 pm
Hi David
with your ClearCash icount Card which only allows Standing Orders what would a potential client do to get the direct debits changed to Standing orders, if the company wont give their bank details.
Stu J Byron

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 25, 2009 10:49 pm
This thread will now be locked. To prevent the forum becoming a free for all with all and sundry getting free publicity, no advertising is allowed.
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent
56 posts Page 4 of 4
Return to “talking about ...”