Question for Melanie regarding Proposal

6 posts Page 1 of 1

stoney

Post by stoney » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:21 pm
Hello Melanie

Just to let you know that we have received the copies of the completed proposal and the date and times for the Creditors meeting in February. The letter received from you says we need to attend your Office on the day of the meeting. Can you please confirm whether we in fact need to be there of just at the end of the phone as I thought? Thanking you for your help. x

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:59 pm
Hi stoney

I am with Melanie and did not attend the meeting, just was avaiable by phone and was contacted with results and to discuss any modifications.
Just give a call i you are unsure to the office and they will clarify for you
Good luck
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

stoney

Post by stoney » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:05 pm
Thank you Emma

Just wanted to check as the letter that came with the proposal says to attend the office but I was under the impression that you just had to be at the end of the phone. We are really nervous about this, just hope it is successful. Will be glad when we can move on. Did you have any modifications made to your proposal?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:08 pm
Hi there Stoney

No - you need not attend the meeting, and the letter does make it clear that if you cannot attend then just to let us know. Debtors rarely attend creditors meetings these days, but we do have to give you the opportunity to attend, and it would have been lovely to meet you face to face, but I imagine you have better things to do! We will of course be in touch with you on the day to let you know the outcome, and will need you to confirm in writing your acceptance to any creditor modifications, so access to your e-mail would be very useful.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

stoney

Post by stoney » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:16 pm
Thank you Melanie for your reply. It would have been nice to meet you but work and child pick up from School etc are difficult to re-arrange, having no family close by or available friends to help out. We will make sure that we have our e-mail available and thank you once again for all your help in our case. x

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:12 pm
Hi stoney

I had modifications, I think most people do these days.
I had worked out the maximum I could pay and was ok about the extra the creditors asked for.

Just make sure if you get a call on the day to have a pen, paper and somewhere quiet to go where you can think. You do not have to agree to things that instant, if you need to have a think, do so and make sure you are happy.

You will be guided through everything by Melanie's wonderful team, and I am sure you will be fine.

Best of luck
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for january”