questions on my iva????

6 posts Page 1 of 1

kneebs

Post by kneebs » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:19 pm
Can someone please help.
I have a few questions which i dont want to ask my iva supervisor for obvious reasons.
a) im getting married in 3months time, my partner isn't named in my iva nor our her earnings taken into account as her money is her own. im 2 years into my iva so DO I NEED TO TELL THEM????
b) Is it ok to have a joint savings account after we get married to begin to save for a house??
c) can the supervisor run a check to see what savings we would have??
im a little worried.
any help
kneebs

Lula

Post by Lula » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:46 pm
Hi
I am not an expert ...however i have picked i am a few things while being in an aIVA
1 - i think you do need to tell your IP they will have to see that you pay 50/50
2. You can have a savings acc for your contingency money - to be honest i would keep it separate until you complee your ICA
3. I am not sure how they could do this - but you should putting as much disposable income as poss into payingo of creditors

Congrats on the wedding hope it goes well - just shows life still goes on in an IVA
lulablog.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:25 pm
Hi kneebs

You need to tell your supervisor about all changes of circumstances, so yes you will need to advise them of the wedding. If you are not living together at present, but are going to be after you are married, then your future wife's earnings will need to be declared to ensure that you are both paying a fair share towards the bills. This can either be done on an earnings ratio basis or an equal split - but seek advice from your IP as to the best way forward.

There is no problem in having a savings account, so long as you are paying your full contributions in to the IVA and any additional monies which may be due by way of the 50% uplift provision. What you do with your share is up to you, and saving for a house seems to be a good idea.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kneebs

Post by kneebs » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:26 am
so if i declare that im married will they ask for more contributions to my iva?? i wasn't even with my partner when i got into debt so why should she have to help pay??? obviously the creditors have all agrred to what contributions i can make and there is a contract so that cant be broken! im getting worried there going to demand more money that we just cant afford to reapy!
help

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:25 am
It's not a case of your partner having to pay towards your debts, it's about the two of you sharing the bills of the household in correct proportion. Your own supervisor will be able to guide you on this matter.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

r_l

Post by r_l » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:40 pm
i do feel for you, i am in the exact same situation. but im trying to end mine now with a full and final settlement.

its best to be honest- as it'll always catch up with you in the long run. you Ip will want to see based on ure partners earning - whether you can contribute more, as the bills will be shared 50/50.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”