Quick update

5 posts Page 1 of 1

yahwob

Post by yahwob » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:56 pm
Hi all,

Just a quick update, been in my DMP for 4 months now, not long I know but it feels like I'm settled into it now and it's all working fine.

All three creditors have been very helpful, Barclaycard, Sainsburys and Tesco Finance. Currently paying .25% interest on Barclacard per month, nil interest on Sainsburys and I'm not sure what the interst is on Tesco's but the balance is coming down at least. Every time I ring to make a payment they all know immediately that I'm on a DMP and are happy to continue taking my reduced payments.

It's going to be a long haul but at least everything has started well and considering some of the stories I read on this site it appears I've done pretty well setting this all up myself.

Hope it's going well for everyone else.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:02 pm
Certainly worth doing the DMP yourself when you have an idea what to do and the number of creditors is manageable.

Creditors often say that they would prefer to deal directly with clients and in your case it seems that you have chosen the right option. Long may it continue.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

mole

Post by mole » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:32 pm
Excellent, glad you have a solution that works for you. Just ensure you keep monitoring that they do not change the goalposts. Hope you can get it paid off soon.

johnh

Post by johnh » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:49 pm
It's to your great credit that you have set up your own DMP and I'm sure your creditors take the same view.

All the best and hope it continues as smoothly throughout.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:53 pm
Really glad your DMP is working well for you yahwob. Long may it continue.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Debt Management”