rally against unfair bank charges

6 posts Page 1 of 1

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:45 pm
IVA.co.uk and approx 100 protestors laid siege to the Office of Fair Trading today!

Campaigners against unfair bank charges were locked out of the office of fair trading (1st Dec)

1) A protest was held at 2pm on the 1st of December to demonstrate that the Government and OFT have failed to take action against banks and credit card providers who are unlawfully penalising their customers.

2) Around 100 protestors gathered to display their anger towards the OFT and Government.

3) Around 50 protesters attempted to enter the government building and were refused entry.

4) The OFT demanded to speak to only one representative and ended up locking the door on the protesters.

5) There were mounted police on hand to keep the protesters under control. Camera crews from press and television were also there to capture the tension as the crowd attempted to enter the building.

A big thank you to every one that turned up to the Rally. Your ongoing support is appreciated. Here are some pictures of the rally:

View this link for more pictures and information:
http://www.iva.co.uk/penaltycharges.asp
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

laura06

Post by laura06 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:38 pm
I was at the rally and just wanted to say thanks to everyone, especially stephen. Its high time we all got together and brought media focus on what the banks are doing. I am glad to attend any future rallies that are held. Lets keep up the campaigning, Lx

stephen1976

Post by stephen1976 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:37 pm
yes the rally was great,nice to have meet you all, I will have some great news soon, is just around the corner,

will post when it offical

Advice & opinions of stephen1976 are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.
Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts
Advice & opinions of stephen1976 are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.
Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

laura06

Post by laura06 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:27 pm
hey stephen, could you list any details of future rallies here? Also please can you explain a little bit about how you can get bank charges refunded (i appreciate it is on your site but if you could give an overview here with a link that sould be great). thanks. Laura

PS So what is the big news?

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:02 pm
i wish i had known about it, i would have gone

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:53 pm
Hi Dominic, there is another rally scheduled for late Jan/early Feb. Will post details here when I know more.

Regards.
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “reclaiming bank charges while in an IVA”