RE: PPI taking a long time

22 posts Page 1 of 2

Poppy1

Post by Poppy1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:22 pm
Hello, I am essentially finished my IVA but I was instructed by DFD to fill out a claim investigation for PPI through a company called Equity in Finance.

I did this April 2012 and made my last IVA payment November 2012. To date, EIF are still chasing one claim despite me telling them that I didn't think that I'd taken out any PPI in the first place. I may be completely ignorant of the process but a year to investigate whether I had any PPI (5 debts) and then claim or not seems a little excessive/inefficient...even with a backlog. I'm worried about how much longer it will take to clear this up as I can't get my certificate of completion until they finish up this last one. When I called up today, the person was unsure of how long it would be, quoting a further 2 months and then correcting this to 28 days.

Sorry, this is just a little moan as I've paid everything into my IVA on time and really want to celebrate and put it behind me and move on. Not least because I am supposed to be starting a course in September.

Does anybody have experience with EIF or how long these things generally take. I would have though 6 months but it's been a year!

Thanks,

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:29 pm
I agree it's a very long time. Are you in contact with DFD to try and chase it up. Keep hassling them is all I can suggest, we do have a representative on here from DFD and wonder if they could help?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:34 pm
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Poppy1

Post by Poppy1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:35 pm
Hi Lesley,

Thanks. I have called DFD and emailed. I got the standard response of it can take 6 - 8 months to complete an IVA. I did speak to DFD on the phone and the customer services were generally really helpful which is why I said I'll phone up EIF myself as there was only one claim left to investigate.

It would help if DFD could chase a bit but I have emailed EIF to express my concerns at the length of time. I'm really hoping that it gets resolved in the next couple of weeks as I have had very good dealings with DFD all the way through my IVA (started 12th October 2007) and they have been excellent. I am just getting a little concerned that I could have done the chasing quicker than EIF! I do appreciate they probably have tons of clients to look after. It's probably because it's so close now that it's harder to wait and I will need to start knowing how to deal with life after an IVA!

Many thanks,

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:43 pm
Hope you get this sorted and received that all important certificate of due completion very soon. Good luck with your planned course.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:55 pm
Hi Poppy, i know exactly what you are experiencing, do please get in touch with EIF as they are notorious for sittig on their laurels and waiting for things to come to them, i had to chase up a debt in order for my IVA to close and i too was with DFD and started in 2007, unfortunately i have had to seek help from my MP in getting my CC as neither company seemed to be that concerned, good luck with EIF, i personally would write to this creditor myself it might well be quicker. xx
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

Poppy1

Post by Poppy1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:05 pm
Hello Orchid,

Good to know that it's not just me being a moaner. It had crossed my mind to contact MBNA myself as the gentleman I spoke to sounded like he hadn't been looking at it for a while. My IVA has been a relatively simple case and doesn't seem to be the need to string it out. They also all seem to have sold the debts on to other people and I will have to make sure they all update the credit report accordingly.

Many thanks for your advice. I'll contact MBNA today. Thank goodness for this forum. I can't wait to be another success story on here.

Thanks for the good wishes with the course lesley. I had the interview on Friday and all seems positive and like I've got the place. Now just waiting for the official offer....hopefully. So, there is life after an IVA it seems (once I'm allowed to concentrate on it, that is!!). xo

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 pm
Keep on top of both firms and continually ask for progress reports.

Best of luck with your application as well Poppy1 - and do be sure to let us know how you get on.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Poppy1

Post by Poppy1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:34 pm
Hello All. Further to the advice on here I contacted MBNA myself today who confirmed that I had no PPI on my account in the first place (as I expected) and informed me that they had written back to EIF in September 2012 advising them that they wouldn't be responding to 3rd party companies for IVA cases as they weren't investigating them at the time. So, I have asked her to go through the procedure of getting me the letter confirming I have no PPI (which can take up to 56 days!!). I called back EIF and explained to my caseworker (note I didn't even know I had a specific caseworker until this Monday) what had been said and he's going to ask the supervisor tomorrow if they can close down my last claim on a verbal confirmation. If they can't...I am so cross that EIF didn't actually contact me (or DFD) to tell me the nature of the problem/response they got from MBNA 7 whole months ago because I could have contacted them then. How lazy and inefficient is that? I feel like charging my caseworker for doing his job for him! Something could have been done over 7 months ago, even if I'd had to do it myself.

Have written complaints to DFD and EIF already but the more I find out, the more annoyed I get! Anyway, thanks for the advice and hopefully I can get some good news this week regarding closing it down.

Will let you know once I've resolved it...the sooner the better...

So near the finish line

slushysnow

Post by slushysnow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:32 pm
Hello ---- We have paid the Iva company to deal with this. Its not down to us to chase people up That's there responsibility. This is why the ones who are near to completing or completed should take priority. But we are of no use when we have paid back done what we agreed. I call and. I get 2 fobbing off scripts. Is We are waiting for 1 PPI update. That's about 28 days. Choice 2 script. We will get back to you in 6 to 8 months. Uhmmmm. Hello. I signed for 5 years not a day more. I want a refund as my. Iva was mid sold to me The agreement states legally I am free in 5 years.

Too much fobbing off shoddy service and has been this way for 2 years now
Us lot are treated like mugs and we put up with it coz we are casting our time
Don't get an. Iva unless you get in writing that you get that CD in your paws when you finish. There is no excuse or reason they have 5 years to know when you finish they do not need another 8 months its not right and. I wish somebody would take this up legally as we are being held to ransom

pod_moo

Post by pod_moo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:30 am
Although I am not at the end of my IVA, I am trying to push with EIF to deal with things quickly so that I ma not left waiting at the end.

However, EIF are slow and I have to chase them constantly for updates and make sure I know all the dates when things were submitted etc so I know when to chase. It annoys me that they will get a cut of anything owed (as far as I know I had no PPI) when I am doing all the hard work.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

S

Poppy1

Post by Poppy1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm
I had no idea it would take this long. I contacted DFD before the end of my IVA and asked if there was anything else they needed and they said if they did they would let me know. It doesn't look like they are very proactive. After my conversation with EIF yesterday I hold a slight hope that it can be resolved today given I have verbal confirmation from MBNA that I didn't have PPI. My caseworker is supposed to be phoning me back today...wondering how long I should wait before phoning him today. Don't want to become a nuisance...

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:59 pm
The squeaky wheel gets the oil, Poppy :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Poppy1

Post by Poppy1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:52 pm
I suppose so! Just phoned EIF and got a lot of "we'll do this and we'll see where we go from there..." so I told them I was at making a complaint stage and it changed their tune slightly so I called up DFD to express my displeasure at the way EIF have been dealing with it (or rather just not dealing at all) and the poor customer services person had to listen to my moan and said she'd contact the PPI team at DFD today. Moaning is a very stressful activity, hehe! Am just so cross EIF didn't bother to tell me the nature of the problem last year. Especially when you know there's no claim to be had anyway. The letters advise they do an investigation if you're not sure and clearly they don't bother as my caseworker said they hadn't done the PPI Checker on my MBNA account. Just wish I'd known what was going on last year and it could have been resolved already.

I am going to try stopping moaning on the forum for the next few days as it looks like nice weather ahead for the weekend (kind of) and hope all have a good weekend.

Of course I'll let you know of any success - I must reiterate that until the closing procedure (and I understand the need to check for PPI), my IVA has been dealt with very well by DFD.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:02 pm
It is annoying. We sent off paper work back in june/july last year and yet last week they have wrote to us requesting more information! I wouldnt mind but we have clearly stated all along we never have took out ppi !!
Steven & Debbie
22 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Payment Protection”