re Renting

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Hells

Post by Hells » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:34 am
Can anyone offer any advice on renting?. I am in the 3rd year of my IVA and have just had a baby, so I am taking a payment break at the moment. I live in a one bedroom flat so I am looking to move. With the sale of my flat I am going to hopefully pay of my IVA with a full and final settlement (as no equity clause in my contract.) I am going to be renting the property with my partner who has a good credit history (and has nothing to do with my IVA).. Will this be a problem at all because of my bad credit??. I would be gratful of any advice anyone has to offer.. Regards Helen

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:40 am
Hi Helen,

You should be able to find somewhere to rent. The thing you need to do is check with any potential letting agents about IVA's - you could do it anonymously.

Could your partner take out the rental in his name initially? Might solve a problem in the short term.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:17 am
Private rentals don't always credit check and I know a lot of private landords are very good. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

EskimoLou

Post by EskimoLou » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:12 am
I'm a year into my IVA and am moving into a new rental property today. I was upfront with the letting agency and told them about my situation. I'm moving i n with my partner so they said as long as he is earning more than £16,000 a year then he can act as guarantor. They still did a credit check but everything has gone through ok along with good references from our employers and my previous landlord.

Good luck with your move x

has33

Post by has33 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 pm
hi everyone i need help regarding shifting my house so reference me some companies to handle storage,thanks if anyone help
http://www.theremoval.com

Removal Companies

essexlady

Post by essexlady » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:04 pm
Hi, I wrote to several letting agents last year telling them I was in an IVA and in full time employment and not one of them had the decency to reply. I then advertised on Gumtree (it's free) stating what I was looking for and had at least six potential replies. Be careful with a private landlord and ensure they offer you a tenancy agreement and that your deposit is put into a deposit scheme. I found a brill private landlord through Gumtree and moved within a month.

quote]Originally posted by kallis3

Hi Helen,

You should be able to find somewhere to rent. The thing you need to do is check with any potential letting agents about IVA's - you could do it anonymously.

Could your partner take out the rental in his name initially? Might solve a problem in the short term.
[/quote]

Kelly.23

Post by Kelly.23 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:26 pm
When started renting when we were 2 years into our iva and told the letting agent we were in a iva when we were looking at properties and everything went through ok.

lillyray

Post by lillyray » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:28 pm
Hi I have rented throughout my 4 years of being in an IVA and have moved 3 times without any problems what so ever. I think a lot of the letting agencys use credit expert and my rating on there is just over 700 even with my IVA
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “renting”