Real and Mental clutter

12 posts Page 1 of 1

KLG2002

Post by KLG2002 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:22 pm
Hi all,
I just wanted to see if I am simply being tetchy or whether my experiences are part of the IVA journey.....my issue is around the letters and statements from creditors.
Every day I sit and wait for the postman, quietly hoping that today he will simply walk past my house (yeah right) I don't have a letter box in my door (have 2 doglets and I got so paranoid one year with youths and fireworks I changed the door to prevent the chance of my dogs being burnt alive......sorry diverting will leave this bit for the mental health forum[:p]) Anyway since deciding to start the IVA and the progression of a situation where minimum payments could not be made, my external post box is rammed, not just full but near to over flowing. Just looking at the amount of letters makes me anxious, I open them one by one, a pile for the envelopes, a pile for shredding and a pile for needs attention...........just looking at the piles seems to be a catalyst for mental agitation..... to the point where I end up shredding the lot and any other material clutter that may exist around the house. This is the only activity thats gives me a transient feeling of inner peace
I don't have a problem with the phonecalls (anymore) ..... intitially I did when I was ignoring them, but I plucked up the courage to face my deamons. I am polite as possible and let them have their say then I simply inform them of my situation and what I am doing to try and resolve things, so far so good they have all said they will not phone for 2weeks in order to give the ip time to get in touch with them.
I am going to stay with friends soon for a week, I just know my post box will need emptying on a daily basis or else it's going to buckle under the strain......scared my sister will see an envelope with the Grant Thornton stamp and go looking on the web to find out who they are[:(]
Sorry for wittering on just needed to air my feelings as I cant confide in any of my friends and family.
Thank you to all the frequent posters and experts on this forum you all provide so much sound advice for so many people and give a sense of hope in a world that seems so bleak,

Best Wishes

KLG

rayb

Post by rayb » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:28 pm
Feel free to rant away. We are all here for you and you are among friends. It will get better believe me [:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:29 pm
Hi there,

We all know how you feel! We've all had the avalanche of creditors letters, mostly threatening. Not nice, but you are heading in the right direction, so just hang in there.

How far down the IVA route are you? If you are near to a meeting, it hopefully will all be over soon and you will be able to relax.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:30 pm
Hi KLG and welcome to the forum. We have all had the creditor calls and the letters, just forward the credtor literature to your chosen IP and as for the calls, you are doing ok. The letters will die down eventually. Just stick with it. I understand about the postmark, maybe iva companies should consider not putting them on the outside of envelopes. I have a canny daughter as well who would more than likely look it up on the internet as well. I dont think my company has one on the outer envelope. I will be checking next time.
Well done for realising and dealing with your debts. I wish you well. Keep posting and we are always here for supporrt at anytime.

Ang x
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

KLG2002

Post by KLG2002 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:41 pm
Thanks for the replies, I am only at a very early stage of the iva. The company has all relevant paperwork regarding my debts and now I have to wait for them to draft a proposal.....not sure how long this stage takes, quite frustrating to give the reigns over to a total stranger, but quietly hoping someone is smiling down on me. I do frequent this forum on a daily basis.......almost feels like a rehab programme. Not sure what I would do without knowing that there others who have weathered the same storm.

Cheers

KLG

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Hopefully it wont take too long if they have all the paperwork and necessary info. It seems an age at this point but hopefully you will get your proposal and meeting date soon.

Ang x
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:49 pm
It must be awful for you...I do hope things get going quickly for you. My IVA was approved on Tuesday and we mad the initial phone call at the end of June..I think this is fairly standard timing.
Keep posting, everyone on here is such a friendly helpful bunch
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

KLG2002

Post by KLG2002 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:49 pm
Thanks Angelrainbow and I am really happy for your recent IVA success,
I did await your posting for the outcome of the meeting the other day
and was relieved for you. I bet you must be really chuffed knowing the countdown to freedom has begun[:)]

KLG

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:23 pm
Thanks KLG, it certainly is a huge relief. I hope things get sorted for you soon!
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:38 pm
Hang on in there KLG ... it will be worth it in the end. There will be a day when you actually look forwrad to the Postman arriving ... truly [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 pm
And some days he will just walk straight past - and that is even better!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:13 am
If your sister goes onto the web to Google Grant Thornton, she will find that you are in communication with one of the largest and most respected accountancy firms in the World. This may actually lead her to believe that you have far too much money and therefore need very careful investment and taxation advice as to how to best invest your millions!!!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for august”