Received Default notice after my IVA started

12 posts Page 1 of 1

joeygoldcoast

Post by joeygoldcoast » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 pm
Hi there, 1st time poster and a bit worried :(

I started my IVA on June 15th of this year, All contact with my creditors has stopped besides NATWEST, I have just returned home from work to find I have been sent a default notice from NATWEST in regards to my overdraft. The overdraft was included in my IVA and accepted by NATWEST. I received a letter a few weeks ago and phoned up their debt collection agency in regards to them still sending me letters and increasing the interest on the overdraft. They said not to worry and that it takes time for their depts to communicate with each other. Now like I said I have this Formal notice of intention to file a default.
I have contacted DFD this evening via their online help form but because I got home so late obviously no ones there. This letter really has me spooked I can tell you :(.
I have a 14 hour shift starting at 7am tomorrow and no idea how I am going to sleep.

Am I worrying too much ?, I have dug out all my DFD paperwork looking for my chairmans report to send (as I have read is the thing to do) but to be honest not sure what that even looks like.

Can anyone put my mind at rest. Please [:(]

mattyboy

Post by mattyboy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:08 am
Don't worry at all. Defaults are usually back dated to the start of your IVA. if not once you complete in five years time you can get this correct once you have a certificate of completion.

This is a case of natwest
"Just when you think that you can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends."

mattyboy

Post by mattyboy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:10 am
This is a case of natwest updating records slow time. It's a normal part of the procedure and nothing o worry about.
"Just when you think that you can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends."

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:44 am
It's quite common and I'm afraid creditors can default you every month if they wish until your IVA is completed. One of mine still does.

It is something to sort out once the IVA is completed and nothing to worry about.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

joeygoldcoast

Post by joeygoldcoast » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:48 am
Thanks for the reply

Should I do anything though ? The Letter is quite strong and is threatening legal action etc etc If I don't take action within 28 days. I know now I am in an IVA this is not possible but should I just bin the letter or phone Natwest ?. I really don't fancy having a debt collector turn up on my door.

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:10 am
joeygoldcoast - you can do two thing with the letter - bin it or file it.

You should not bother contacting the creditors - that is down to your IVA ompany - so any concerns run it by them and let them deal with it.

Regardless of the number of defaults they send - they are still legally bound to the IVA.

If for some reason a debt collector turns up at the door - inform him of the IVA, thats all,!!
Last edited by ginger3232 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:36 am
Don't worry joey they can do nothing to you now. Get your ip to deal with it if you are worried.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

langerbridge

Post by langerbridge » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:40 am
B is for bin - that's all you need to do. Some creditors still call after many months & have no idea what an IVA is. Please don't worry you have naturally defaulted by being in an IVA they are wasting their time & money. If you are really concerned P is for post to your company who will contact the creditor.
Good luck on the journey!!
The road is 72months long starting September 2010.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:47 am
It does sometimes take time for the information to filter down to the call centres. It is highly unlikely that anyone will turn up but if they did then just show them your chairmans report and they will go away quite happily.
Bob Marley.

joeygoldcoast

Post by joeygoldcoast » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:51 pm
Thanks again guys, spoke to DFD and of course you were quite correct, bin it lol. I also spoke with natwest and they said they had yet to hear from DFD but had put a marker on my old account so I should not receive any more letters.

Job Done. 3 payments made and 57 to go :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:45 am
Glad you've got it sorted and hopefully you won't get anhymore letters.
Bob Marley.

Isis Black

Post by Isis Black » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:13 pm
i got told by Grant Thornton to send them any letters sent from creditors and to make no personal contact with them
this time next year We'll be millionaires :-)
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”