Recently my mother has become very ill

3 posts Page 1 of 1

rupert

Post by rupert » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:36 am
Recently my mother has become very ill and needs someone to look after her. I have looked into getting a home nurse to care for her while I am at work but my mother doesn’t want this – I am the only family she has and I feel the only option I have is to look after her myself. Her health is getting worse.
If I leave work I will receive carer’s allowance which will be less than I am earning at present.
How will this affect my IVA as I have only been in the arrangement for 7 months?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:42 am
Hi rupert and welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear about your Mum.

You will beed to rework your income and expenditure account to see what effect this change in your circumstnaces will have. It may be that you will have to ask your IP to seek a variation of term to accomodate reduced payments - in which case another creditors meeting will have to be held for them to consider this. If you are left with little or no disposable income, then you may have to consider bankruptcy proceedings.

Hope all goes well for you - and what you are doing is extremely commendable. There are more important things in life than dealing with debt.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

rupert

Post by rupert » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:53 pm
Hi Melanie,

Thanks for your reply.

I have spoken to my advisor at ClearDebt and they have given me the same advice as you did. I have now adjusted my income and expenditure form. ClearDebt have put this new adjustment to my creditors and I am waiting a response! I will let you know what happens!

Rupert
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for june”